Boilermaker Jazz Band CD Release Party

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Jake

Boilermaker Jazz Band CD Release Party

#1 Post by Jake » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:53 am

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area should be aware that the Boilermaker Jazz Band has just finished production on their new CD, "Give Me Your Phone Number," which according to Paul Cosentino was recorded with dancers in mind. I'm psyched ;).

The CD release party will be held Friday, April 16th at the James St. Tavern (upstairs) at 422 Foreland St. (at James) in Pittsburgh's North Side. 8pm.

For anyone who can't make it, the band has plans to make the CD available on their website via paypal.

funkyfreak

#2 Post by funkyfreak » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:13 pm

Boilermakers rock, something Pittsburghers and anyone who has heard them have shoved down everyone else's throats for years now.

So we made it a whole 3-Day CD Release Weekend, with the band and awesome DJs coming in April 16-18 !!

Friday night: New Orleans in Pittsburgh -- Boilermaker Jazz Band at the James Street Tavern with a great wooden floor, Full Bar and Cajun Food! 8 - 12am, $5 All Ages

Saturday night: Swing City hits hard with Guest DJs coming in to deliver a long night of music! GIANT, slick wooden floor and refreshments available. 8 - 1am, $7 All Ages

Sunday afternoon: Experience Pittsburgh's Lindy in the Park with an official kick-off of our 3rd year! Dance and hang out at the beautiful Point State Park where the Three Rivers meet. 2 - 5pm, Free

Come out and celebrate one of the best live swing bands April 16-18, then buy their brand new CD on their website and on MezzJelly.com!

Weekend Details & Discussion

-FF

Jake

#3 Post by Jake » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:20 pm

Hey, I heard Paul Cosentino on Rhythm Sweet & Hot last night, playing tracks off the new CD - I got to hear "Who's Sorry Now?" and "It's De-lovely." Track listing is below:

1. I'll Always Be In Love With you
2. I Can't Believe You're In Love With Me- Vocal by J'Luvv
3. Until the Real Thing Comes Along- Vocal by PC
4. It's De-lovely- Vocal by JL
5. Give Me Your Telephone Number
6. How About You?- Vocal JL
7. Minor Swing
8. For All we Know- Vocal by Mark Kotishion (piano man from Baltimore)
9. The Song is Ended- Vocal JL
10. I Never Knew
11. Out of Nowhere- Vocal JL
12. I'm Gonna Lock My Heart and Throw Away the Key- Vocal JL
13. Sunday- Vocal PC
14. Don't Go 'way Nobody
15. I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket- Vocal JL
16. Who's Sorry Now?- Vocal PC
17. I'm Making Believe- Vocal JL

funkyfreak

#4 Post by funkyfreak » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:53 am

They also played one of their new songs live for us last night, hot damn! The title track - Give Me Your Telephone Number - packed the floor, amazing song.

-FF

Ron

#5 Post by Ron » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:33 pm

Well, where can we hear clips?