Best of contemporary swing music

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

julius

#16 Post by julius » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:59 pm

Bob Draga RULES.

yedancer

#17 Post by yedancer » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:48 pm

SpuzBal wrote:They have four. Three are under the names Titan Hot Five or Titan Hot Seven, and one is something like Jeff Barnhardt and Bob Draga with the Titan Hot Five (I think all this info is correct).
Are they available anywhere online?
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

SpuzBal

#18 Post by SpuzBal » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:31 pm

Uh...sort of, but not really?

I found one of their CDs on gemm.com one time (it came from a dealer called weird_harolds or weirdharolds or something like that - they have a web site somewhere out there, but I don't remember them regularly stocking any TH5/7).

They used to be on the site of some company called Ivory Music Productions or something, but they appear to have changed the format of their site, and now I can't find any Titan Hot 5/7 stuff on there.

So unfortunately, I can't be of much help. :?

*Edit: But I bet you might be able to pick them all up at the Phoenix Exchange at the end of this month. TH7 are playing there.
"In my opinion, out of the ten great guitarists in the world, Django is five of them!" - Rex Stewart

wheato

#19 Post by wheato » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:42 pm

http://titanhot7.com

Seems to be under construction, no recordings listed.

Travis

#20 Post by Travis » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 pm

The Titan Hot 7 will be playing in Seaside OR at the Oregon Dixieland Jubilee. www.jazzseaside.com.
If anyone has heard any of the other bands playing at this event I'd be interested to hear your feedback. The TH7 alone is enough for me to make the drive as I have been wanting to check them out for some time.

SpuzBal

#21 Post by SpuzBal » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:41 pm

You will not be disappointed. TH7 rock my world.
"In my opinion, out of the ten great guitarists in the world, Django is five of them!" - Rex Stewart

KevinSchaper

#22 Post by KevinSchaper » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:51 pm

Travis wrote:The Titan Hot 7 will be playing in Seaside OR at the Oregon Dixieland Jubilee. www.jazzseaside.com.
If anyone has heard any of the other bands playing at this event I'd be interested to hear your feedback. The TH7 alone is enough for me to make the drive as I have been wanting to check them out for some time.
here's the list:

Titan Hot Seven
Clint Baker's New Orleans Jazz Band
Chicago Six with Yve Evans
Lance Buller and the Monarchs
Bob Schulz and the Frisco Jazz Band
Jean Kittrell & the St. Louis Rivermen
CanUs
Uptown Lowdown Jazz Band
New Pacific Jazz Band

I've heard Lance Buller play with some folks at Pampas and he had some serious fire in his trumpet.. and Chicago Six are supposed to be good too.. (Julius..?)

I think I might try to head out there for that if I can catch TH7 & C6 on the same day..

julius

#23 Post by julius » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:27 pm

Chicago Six are awesome if you catch them earlier in the day when they aren't tuckered out (they are all old men, like most trad jazz bands at these festivals). They were RIPPING THE SHIT out of songs in the early afternoon of Sweet and Hot, and by nightfall they were down to playing soft ballads.

Definitely check them out. Try to ignore their singing. (The guys, I mean. Yves Evans is decent.)