Big T

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Nate Dogg

Big T

#1 Post by Nate Dogg » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:54 pm

I was dancing in Dallas this weekend and heard of a few tracks off a new CD. They sounded ok. I have not heard the full album, so I can't say too much more. Besides, I am not in the mood to get flamed by some of the more critical users of this Board.

Based, in Dallas, Big T and Bada Bings are a 15-19 piece Big Band that focuses on playing blues music.

There is a element of lounge in his overall presentation, but I really could not tell that from the songs that I heard at the dance. The crowd reacted well to the songs (Pride and Joy and Caldonia).

He is doing a big publicity stunt right now, he is camping out on a billboard, he will get down once he gets on Letterman or he sells 5,000 CDs, whatever happens first. Several Dallas dancers are supporting his cause, organizing Lindy Bombs and so forth.

If you are interested in this sort of thing, you can find more about it here ... If blues based big bands with lounge overtones offend your sense of taste, then don't bother.

http://www.bigt-music.com/

Thanks,
Nathan

jacques_g

Re: Big T

#2 Post by jacques_g » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:04 pm

Nate Dogg wrote:If you are interested in this sort of thing, you can find more about it here ... If blues based big bands with lounge overtones offend your sense of taste, then don't bother.

http://www.bigt-music.com/

Thanks,
Nathan
Thanks for the link. I heard this band on a Live365.com online radio and had already put that band's name on my cd shopping list. Thanks for posting the link to their web site.

The song I heard was:
Big-T & The Bada-Bings - Don't Get Around Much Anymore [2:32]

Jacques

Hepdjive

Great new CD

#3 Post by Hepdjive » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:41 am

Big-T and the Bada-Bing's new release "Born To Be Wild" is now on my top ten dance set list.

I have found the versatility impressive. I never would have expected Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" done with a Big Band. Wacky though, but they pulled it off, I even hear a little "Purple Haze" lick in arrangement.

I am giving it two thumbs up.

Hep.

Hepdjive

GREAT Review

#4 Post by Hepdjive » Fri May 30, 2003 7:44 am

I just saw that "Born To Be Wild" had a raving review in the Spring 2003 (NEW) ATOMIC Magazine.

This group is going somewhere.....

mousethief

#5 Post by mousethief » Fri May 30, 2003 7:54 am

i've known craig a long time and he's a tireless supporter of dancers, both here and abroad. he gave me the cd over dinner some time ago and i have to say that it was a refreshing change of pace but i cannot say that i consider it for dj purposes very often.

usually, when it does get consideration, it gets nixed. on the few nights when i start up a vegas theme, i pop him in. mostly, i play him in advance of his shows and in lessons to support his band.

craig was doing a road show to support the families of servicemen killed in the "war" - if i can find the link, i'll post it here.

kalman