Windows 7

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

GemZombie

Windows 7

#1 Post by GemZombie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 am

Just a geeky note to say that I installed Windows 7 beta and BPM Studio on my laptop.... so far so good. Gonna DJ with it on Monday probably. Pretty speedy, and much more polished than betas of Vista were.

Toon Town Dave

#2 Post by Toon Town Dave » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 am

That's good to hear (and very un-Microsoft like). Perhaps it will actually be released this year like the press is predicting.

Microsoft has really impressed me lately with they way they build software. It seems like they are finally listening smart people instead of junior code hackers and marketeers that used to dominate product development. Sounds like their process changes and secure development life cycle are paying off in better quality software.

GemZombie

#3 Post by GemZombie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 am

Toon Town Dave wrote:That's good to hear (and very un-Microsoft like). Perhaps it will actually be released this year like the press is predicting.

Microsoft has really impressed me lately with they way they build software. It seems like they are finally listening smart people instead of junior code hackers and marketeers that used to dominate product development. Sounds like their process changes and secure development life cycle are paying off in better quality software.
Indeed, it would seem they are listening. It's actually quite fast and stable... especially for a beta. No crashes yet, no real problems except for a bit of trickiness with finding my router (they've attempted to simplify this greatly, and they have, but it seems there are a few bugs to work out there).

Mr Awesomer

#4 Post by Mr Awesomer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm starting to see some pretty nice Windows hardware lately as well.
Reuben Brown
Southern California