Yehoodi 8th Anniversary Party with Ernestine Anderson!!!

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Shorty Dave

Yehoodi 8th Anniversary Party with Ernestine Anderson!!!

#1 Post by Shorty Dave » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 am

It’s been 8 years since Yehoodi had it’s first discussion thread and calendar listing. We’ve seen a lot of changes over the years, but one constant that has remained has been the swingin’, soulful voice of Miss Ernestine Anderson. Her classic “I Love Being Here with You,” and many, many other songs, have filled dance floors night after night, year after year. To celebrate Yehoodi.com’s 8 years of swingin’ (especially to Ernestine’s music), we are excited and honored to announce that on Saturday, Sept 30th, for the first time in front of a live audience of swing dancers (of this generation), Ernestine Anderson will be performing at the Yehoodi 8th Anniversary Party. And, to put the icing on the cake, joining her up on stage – and making his 4 consecutive Yehoodi Anniversary Party appearance – will be the legendary Junior Mance and his trio.

Of course, Jelly Roll Productions will be kicking things off with a special event Fri night, and Yehoodi University: The Sophomore Year, will be going strong all weekend long! Stay tuned as more details will be coming soon.

Yehoodi.com thanks you for your overwhelming support (and countless discussions!) over the past 8 years. We cannot think of a better way to celebrate on 9/30 than with Ernestine, Junior, and YOU!

Nate Dogg

#2 Post by Nate Dogg » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Great job!

main_stem

#3 Post by main_stem » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:51 am

Wow, we can't even get her to do a show for dancers in Seattle. Something about not wanting to play for dancers her manager keeps telling us.
"We called it music."
— Eddie Condon

djstarr

#4 Post by djstarr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:36 pm

yeah I just bugged Dave for details on the booking. I'm kind of embarrased that I will have to fly all the way across the country to dance to Ernestine. I'm definitely going to try to go, I've had a blast the past two times I've been to NYC for dance events.

Shorty Dave

#5 Post by Shorty Dave » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:57 am

I've tried many times through her agent, too, and was totally unsuccessful. Luckily, we were able to pull this off through a personal contact who's close friends with her and did me a favor. I hope she gets overwhelmed by how great playing for dancers is, and you guys can speak to her directly at the dance re: a local gig, and therefore not have to go through her agent.

djstarr

#6 Post by djstarr » Wed May 02, 2007 12:43 pm

so the Century Ballroom just called me to let me know Ernestine has agreed to perform as part of the Century Masters Weekend: http://www.centurymasters.com

I got her phone number at the event in NYC and was able to hook her up with the owner of the Century Ballroom. Awesome!