New iPod headache

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

TacomaTony

New iPod headache

#1 Post by TacomaTony » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:06 pm

So I just got one of the new 30 gig iPods with picture and video capababilities. The directions are the scaresest thing I have ever seen and I guess I made a big mistake in thinking it would be intuititve.

How the heck do I add video clips to the iPod???????

GemZombie

Re: New iPod headache

#2 Post by GemZombie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:29 pm

TacomaTony wrote:So I just got one of the new 30 gig iPods with picture and video capababilities. The directions are the scaresest thing I have ever seen and I guess I made a big mistake in thinking it would be intuititve.

How the heck do I add video clips to the iPod???????
Download the latest Itunes. Really, it's the same as adding music to your normal iPod, once you plug in it all in and have everything installed it's fairly intuitive.

TacomaTony

#3 Post by TacomaTony » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Well after an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with iPod tech support I got all my questions answered.

Notes to others: To put a video onto an iPod it must be in a Quicktime compatible format. You must have Quicktime Pro to do this, if you are like me and all your video files are in Media Player Format get ready to spend a few more $$.

iPod puts a lot of value on automatically updating your iPod with all photos and music it can find. it is actually a pain in the neck to do it all manually.

A $299 iPod only comes with a 5 page Quick Start Instruction Manual that is useless. If you want any more information you must dig all over the internet and fond the correct manual.

Did I mention that the iPod and iTunes are FAR from being intuitive? Maybe because I have never owned a Mac, but man it has been frustrating!

Bob the Builder

#4 Post by Bob the Builder » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:19 pm

Good old Apple.
They are making sure they catch up with Microsoft of the 90's.

Mr Awesomer

#5 Post by Mr Awesomer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:54 pm

TacomaTony wrote:Well after an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with iPod tech support I got all my questions answered.
I think there is this thing on the Internet called "Google." I hear it could have saved you lots of time. At least that's what people "in the know" tell me.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

TacomaTony

#6 Post by TacomaTony » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:22 pm

GuruReuben wrote:
TacomaTony wrote:Well after an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with iPod tech support I got all my questions answered.
I think there is this thing on the Internet called "Google." I hear it could have saved you lots of time. At least that's what people "in the know" tell me.
I didn't mention the three hours I spent looking through the online help! I had to change several settings and download iTunes in a specific way that I doubt Steve Jobs could have figured out without help!

main_stem

#7 Post by main_stem » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:33 pm

TacomaTony wrote:Did I mention that the iPod and iTunes are FAR from being intuitive? Maybe because I have never owned a Mac, but man it has been frustrating!
I would disagree.
"We called it music."
— Eddie Condon

TacomaTony

#8 Post by TacomaTony » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:26 am

main_stem wrote:
TacomaTony wrote:Did I mention that the iPod and iTunes are FAR from being intuitive? Maybe because I have never owned a Mac, but man it has been frustrating!
I would disagree.
Do you have the newest iPod with Video and Pictures? If so I am bringing my laptop and iPod to your house, and maybe a six pack for your trouble, and you can show me how intuitive it is.

main_stem

#9 Post by main_stem » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:18 pm

TacomaTony wrote:Do you have the newest iPod with Video and Pictures? If so I am bringing my laptop and iPod to your house, and maybe a six pack for your trouble, and you can show me how intuitive it is.
No but I've messed around with them. Are you sure you're not trying to over think it?
"We called it music."
— Eddie Condon