Dual CD Player

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Serg

Dual CD Player

#1 Post by Serg » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:23 pm

We need to upgrade our main Dual CD player here in South Florida and I am looking for suggestions. We currently have a Numark CDN-30. This unit was purchase new less than one year ago and it has always behaved like crap. It rarely reads burns. We have a budget of $400.00 for a replacement. What do you guys suggest that it is solid and reads any crap you throw at it?

Serg

Mike

#2 Post by Mike » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:44 am

Oooo, if you have that much to spend, why not get an MP3-capable deck? I've seen this one for $350-$360 online.

Lippy

#3 Post by Lippy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:57 pm

I have had nothing but bad luck with NuMark and Gemini products.

I hooked up the dance studio that I teach at with the Stanton650

This is their lowest model with Key corrected pitch control, which is awesome for teaching, and can proove useful at times while DJ'ing. I like this unit a lot.

Toon Town Dave

#4 Post by Toon Town Dave » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:42 pm

I have a lower end Gemini unit I picked up off eBay, it's a little dodgy at times and with certain CDs (burned and pressed). It's better than non-DJ grade CD player when you're on a budget. I did buy a new Stanton mixer to go with it and it works great.

Another local DJ (he does weddings and stuff, not swing) uses a Stanton CD player. He let us use his equipment during our recent exchange and it seemed pretty solid. His stuff is very well maintained.

I've worked with a Denon 2500 (I think) when we used to have a swing night at a local night club. It worked great as long as it was maintained and kept clean. It got pretty flakey when the venue hired new DJs for their regular nights who didn't take care of the gear.

Nima

#5 Post by Nima » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:24 pm

from my experience, you need to contrast price with cost.

You can buy a decent pair od Dual Deck CD Players for $300 that can last you approx 3 years. The price would be $200-300, and the cost would be $100/year

You can spend a little more and go for a little more reliable deck for $500 that will last you for 10 years. Then your cost is $50/year

We have recently bought the Denon DN-D4000. The cost was $540 but they have the reputation to read most of what you throw in there. From my experience, I would not recommend anything other than Pioneer or Denon CD Players...they have proven the most reliable to me.

For the price range you are looking for I am sure that you can get your money's worth with a Numark CDN35 which should run you for a little under $300.

Serg

#6 Post by Serg » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks Nema. I will test drive it this weekend in Atlanta ; )

Serg

Nima

#7 Post by Nima » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:40 pm

Serg wrote:Thanks Nema. I will test drive it this weekend in Atlanta ; )

Serg
Did that last night...and I must say I am very pleased with them :)

See you soon!

Nima

KevinSchaper

#8 Post by KevinSchaper » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:32 pm

I totally agree with the Pioneer or Denon suggestion. People have been asking me lately what to get, and I'm really bummed that Denon stopped selling the DN-1800.. but on the other hand, the 4000 costs the same as I paid for my 1800 and is way cooler.

I've always thought of the cheap stuff as a little bit on the disposable side, but I've never really seen it written in terms of cost/year. I really like that.