Monday Nights In LA: A Lindy Hop Revival

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

GemZombie

#16 Post by GemZombie » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:14 pm

Man, when I went there were more leads than follows... a lot more leads. You don't need any ploys to bring in more men :P

Mr Awesomer

#17 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:11 pm

Because a few have expressed an interested in the continued progress of this venue I thought I'd post a few updates.

So we're still going strong and people are lovin' the format. It's kinda funny that sometimes we'll get dancers who come who've never heard anything like what we play but they totally dig "this new sound."

He had our big holiday party last night and hit an excess of 120 people again, probably just a few more then we had opening night. On a regular night we're averaging about 70 to 80 people which feels perfect.

So that's it in a nut shell. And, if any of you DJs are in town on a Monday night and would like to spin a set of original era music just let me know and we might be able to feature you as a guest DJ.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

Toon Town Dave

#18 Post by Toon Town Dave » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:50 pm

Great to hear things are going well!

Judging from the pics on the web site, it looks like everyone is having lots of fun. I'll have to start looking for excuses to visit L.A. :)

GemZombie

#19 Post by GemZombie » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:52 am

I was there at the Holiday party and I can confirm that this is a great success. There was not a single song played where I thought "this songs sucks" :)

We send people from SLO almost every week... they travel 3+ hours... that's how good it is. (Of course in SLO they get the same kind of music from me... so it's mostly the people they get to dance with that they are travelling for).

Reuben, I'd like to spin sometime. I'll chat with you about it after the holidays.