Adding track separators in a continuous mix

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

morte100

Adding track separators in a continuous mix

#1 Post by morte100 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:25 pm

This isn't something we're generally called upon to do as Swing DJ's, but hopefully someone will know of a piece of cheap software that does this.

I record my vinyl mixes on my computer as hour long wav's and then burn them to CD as one track. However, I'd like to add tracks markers without adding pauses in the mix.

I know wavelab ($600+) will do this, but I'm looking to spend less than $100. Does anyone use feurio? Do you know of another software that will do this? Thanks. _d

Yakov

#2 Post by Yakov » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:26 pm

do you mean cutting a long MP3 into segments?
this is something i'd like to do.
the trick is to not decode and then re-encode the MP3 -- i'd like to actually cut the file as it is.
seems like a simple task for freeware.

morte100

#3 Post by morte100 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:33 am

In my case it means have a 60-minute mix (all blended - no gaps) burned to a cd. Before I just had one LONG track, but I needed to be able to put in track markers (to be able to fast forward to a specific song) without putting a space in the mix.

Then, along came Feurio (http://www.feurio.com). It's shareware with a free fully operational demo. It has a built-in utility for doing just this very thing, and my mix came out great last night. Also, it burned the entire program in 2min 17sec as opposed to the 10minutes my burner takes with musicmatch. Those Germans know what's up.

_d