Swing DJ nightmare

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

Swing DJ nightmare

#1 Post by Yakov » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:06 am

So there I was, DJing a dance in a big square room with bad acoustics, and I put on this one song, and it turns out it's a little bit lower fidelity and a little bit "funkier" than I thought, but I still thought it could work, but there's only three couples up dancing to it, and the two other couples can't find the beat, and they don't look too happy with me, and a bunch of other people are changing their shoes to leave, even though there's over an hour left in the dance....

But it was only a dream!

gatorgal

#2 Post by gatorgal » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:34 am

I've never had any nightmares about DJing or dancing. I've had a couple of good dreams about dancing, though.

Don't know what that means.

Tina 8)
"I'm here to kick a little DJ a$$!"
~ Foreman on That 70s Show

Kyle

#3 Post by Kyle » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:40 am

take a break man, take a break. you are too wrapped up in this. wow

kbuxton

#4 Post by kbuxton » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:43 am

I had a horrid nightmare about djing a few months back. Every time I stepped away from the equipment, it moved and got further and further from the dancefloor so by the end of the dream I was in a completely different room and couldn't see the floor at all.

Platypus

#5 Post by Platypus » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:05 pm

My DJ nightmare included ShortyDave wearing a pimpcoat. That alone is worth nightmare status. :lol:

gatorgal

#6 Post by gatorgal » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:47 pm

Platypus wrote:My DJ nightmare included ShortyDave wearing a pimpcoat. That alone is worth nightmare status. :lol:
Honey, you weren't dreaming.

Tina 8)
"I'm here to kick a little DJ a$$!"
~ Foreman on That 70s Show

yedancer

#7 Post by yedancer » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 am

I had a nightmare once in which my laptop crashed right before I was supposed to start DJing. Except, it wasn't a nightmare, it was real.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

Nima

#8 Post by Nima » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:43 am

yedancer wrote:I had a nightmare once in which my laptop crashed right before I was supposed to start DJing. Except, it wasn't a nightmare, it was real.
heh, that happened to me a few months ago at a non-swing dance party i was asked to DJ. Apparently something happened to my external hard-drive and all my files were "corrupted". Could not get to play about 70% of them. Good thing I had CD's with me and all my music was all backed up at home.

Nima

GemZombie

#9 Post by GemZombie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:11 pm

I always carry backup CD's when i'm asked to DJs. It was usefull at the sac exchange because the organizers couldn't figure out a way to plug the laptop into their system the first night (well, we got it plugged in, but couldn't get it to work).

The second night we got it working... so i used both methods over the weekend.