Herrang

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

LazyP

Herrang

#1 Post by LazyP » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:30 am

How many of you are coming to Herrang this year? And how many think you will DJ there?

I'm going to be there 11th to 20th of july and I think I will dj a couple of nights. Don't know right now how much. Depends on how many DJs are there at the same time and how Mandi has it all planned.

/Patrik
The ultimate european swing site!
www.heptown.com

Andy Reid

#2 Post by Andy Reid » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:40 am

I'll be there july 13-aug 7.

SirScratchAlot

#3 Post by SirScratchAlot » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:36 pm

i'LL be representing big time...

The best thing about Herrang is that american's trend of Groove is disliked....they still Lindy Hop like Mo Fo's over there!!!
\\\"Jazz Musicians have dance in them, and Jazz dancers have music in them, or Jazz doesn''''t happen.\\\" Sidney Bechet

kitkat

#4 Post by kitkat » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:35 am

SirScratchAlot wrote:The best thing about Herrang is that american's trend of Groove is disliked....they still Lindy Hop like Mo Fo's over there!!!
Shit, you just sold me.

Andy Reid

#5 Post by Andy Reid » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:43 am

Peter, are you hosting "Bal in the Bar" again this year on Blues Night?

SirScratchAlot

#6 Post by SirScratchAlot » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:27 am

starting right now!!! talk about DJ's,,,can wait to see whats going on.

This year will for sure have to have the Kansas vs NY re-match with Mike Falty and Myself!!! with Chester as the ref!!!hahah that sh1t was funny...
\\\"Jazz Musicians have dance in them, and Jazz dancers have music in them, or Jazz doesn''''t happen.\\\" Sidney Bechet

kitkat

#7 Post by kitkat » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:07 pm

That was weird, seeing "Kansas" in your post before I actually read the sentence. I couldn't figure out what on earth the connection would be!

Anyway, I'll be there Week 2 as an Alt I Allo, and Week 4 as a student. I'm taking my book; hopefully I'll get to spin.

djstarr

#8 Post by djstarr » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:06 am

I'll be there week 3 - July 17 - 25. Bringing my book; need to contact Mandi about spinning but I'm planning on it. Excited to be going!

Lawrence

#9 Post by Lawrence » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:06 pm

SirScratchAlot wrote:The best thing about Herrang is that american's trend of Groove is disliked....they still Lindy Hop like Mo Fo's over there!!!
Query whether the same thing was said about Europe's disdain for "America's trend of Jazz" back in the 1930s and 40s. Give it fifty to sixty years: "groove lindy" music will be hip in Europe by then. :P Some dorky, out-of-work Swedes will go looking through the phone book in North Carolina to find Paul Overton, just like the Rhythm Hot Shots had to find Frankie. 8)

(Note to the sensitive: I'm mostly kidding... same spirit in which Peter made the initial jab.)
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

Bob the Builder

#10 Post by Bob the Builder » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:29 pm

I'm there on Weeks 4 and for the week 3 party.
I'm not sure if I'm bringing my CD's. Herrang is just one of many, including Trontro & San Fran, afterwards.
Really looking forward to it.

Zot

#11 Post by Zot » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:05 pm

I'll be there, and yep, I'll be spinning my stuff. Can't wait!
"Take the worst of neo-swing and put it together with Glen Miller. The man thinks the Count is someone from a horror flick. Take pity on him and let him play two or three tunes. But be sure you have some errands to run." -- Bill Borgida

BryanC

#12 Post by BryanC » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:35 am

Hey all,

I just got a plane ticket to London last night and I am a Herrang noob, in the worst way. I have nothing else planned so far other than the plane ticket there and the plane ticket back on the 26th. Help! I know I need to get to Stockholm and bus it to Herrang, but that's it. I haven't decided whether I should do a week of touring around and then a week of Herrang or whether I should just do two weeks of Herrang either. Any advice/tips/suggestions for survival would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

kbuxton

#13 Post by kbuxton » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:06 am

BryanC wrote:Hey all,

I just got a plane ticket to London last night and I am a Herrang noob, in the worst way. I have nothing else planned so far other than the plane ticket there and the plane ticket back on the 26th. Help! I know I need to get to Stockholm and bus it to Herrang, but that's it. I haven't decided whether I should do a week of touring around and then a week of Herrang or whether I should just do two weeks of Herrang either. Any advice/tips/suggestions for survival would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
I'd say go for two weeks at Herrang. By then end of a week you're just kinda getting used to the whole thing and won't want to leave. Take bug spray :)

Zot

#14 Post by Zot » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:42 pm

Bryan -- it depends which airport you fly into from London. Most people fly into Arlanda, which is not really in Stockholm and not really near Herrang (over an hour's drive from each).

If flying into Arlanda, you can expect to be able to book a ride from the airport into Herrang. Visit the Limousine Service page on the Herrang website here for more info:
http://www.herrang.com/limousine/

Most of the questions you might have about getting to Herrang etc. are answered here:
http://www.herrang.com/faq/

And Kristin is absolutely right -- you will not regret going to Herrang for 2 weeks instead of 1, but you will regret it if you just go for 1. Maybe leave yourself a day or so to check out Stockholm if possible.
"Take the worst of neo-swing and put it together with Glen Miller. The man thinks the Count is someone from a horror flick. Take pity on him and let him play two or three tunes. But be sure you have some errands to run." -- Bill Borgida

BryanC

#15 Post by BryanC » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:55 am

I'm almost all set. I have my ticket to London. Going to pick up my ticket to Stockholm (I got a cheap student fare from London to Stockholm flying SAS into the Int'l Airport). I think I'll sort of play it by ear. I'm planning two weeks, but I may only stay for one (but probably stay for two really).

Hopefully I'll get to see anyone that posts here there while I'm there! I can't imagine there are _that_ many Chinese dancers kicking around...

Oh, by the way, if anyone is trying to get a hold of Herrang by email, their Internet is down (I called last night), so don't expect a reponse soon.