How does this discussion board work?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

yedancer

#16 Post by yedancer » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:02 am

yedancer wrote:I would prefer for people to not do the following things:

1) make obvious statements in response to others' posts
2) make tengential assumptions
3) make passive aggressive comments and veiled sarcastic jabs
4) make arrogant posts that state your opinion as though it were a basic, well-known, accepted fact that everyone should believe
5) Do #2, #3 or #4 and then add an emoticon to make it seem like you were joking
6) write posts that take longer than a few seconds to read

Of course, I won't get my hopes up.
HAHA! I crack myself up.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

JesseMiner

#17 Post by JesseMiner » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:02 am

szarka wrote:
JesseMiner wrote: This is not a discussion board focused on DJs who play primarily for West Coast Swing dancers. Those DJs have a very healthy discussion group on Yahoo.
Link please?
Allswing DJ List (you won't be able to find it in the Yahoo groups directory listing)

The list is mostly comprised of WCS DJs, but all types of swinging DJs are welcome. Their description says: "This is not a Lindy,West Coast Swing, Shag or Bop specific group... if your music 'swings', you've found a home." I am pretty sure that you need to be invited or at least recommended by an existing member. Check with Nathan on that (you're still a member, right?). Traffic is quite high, and you need to post a "top 10" list of songs every month or two to stay on the list. This is a great resource if you want to keep up on what is hot in the WCS world (all the top WCS DJs are on there last I checked) and can keep up with the posting.

Jesse

Nate Dogg

#18 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:35 am

The owner of the All Swing DJ YahooGroup is "Dj G (aka Greg Parmerton)", you can e-mail him at allswing_dj-owner@yahoogroups.com. From there, just slip him a note that you want to be added, with a little bit of info about yourself so that he knows that you are swing dj of some sort. They have other moderators to, but I can't remember who they are.

Nathan
JesseMiner wrote:
szarka wrote:
JesseMiner wrote: This is not a discussion board focused on DJs who play primarily for West Coast Swing dancers. Those DJs have a very healthy discussion group on Yahoo.
Link please?
Allswing DJ List (you won't be able to find it in the Yahoo groups directory listing)

The list is mostly comprised of WCS DJs, but all types of swinging DJs are welcome. Their description says: "This is not a Lindy,West Coast Swing, Shag or Bop specific group... if your music 'swings', you've found a home." I am pretty sure that you need to be invited or at least recommended by an existing member. Check with Nathan on that (you're still a member, right?). Traffic is quite high, and you need to post a "top 10" list of songs every month or two to stay on the list. This is a great resource if you want to keep up on what is hot in the WCS world (all the top WCS DJs are on there last I checked) and can keep up with the posting.

Jesse
Last edited by Nate Dogg on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

szarka

#19 Post by szarka » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:34 pm

Thanks, Nate. :)

julius

#20 Post by julius » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:57 pm

swingdjs is a hell of a lot more boring without arguments.

a HELL of a lot more boring.

Yakov

#21 Post by Yakov » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:42 pm

Your MOM is a lot more boring!!!1

Nate Dogg

#22 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:43 pm

julius wrote:swingdjs is a hell of a lot more boring without arguments.

a HELL of a lot more boring.
I should email Lawrence, have him write something provacative.

Yakov

#23 Post by Yakov » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:46 pm

p.s. Count Basie sucks!