Mailing list integration

How does this discussion board work?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

LazyP

Mailing list integration

#1 Post by LazyP » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:32 pm

When this board was started there was a discussion on if it was possible to integrate it with an e-mail list. At the time it couldn't be done.
Now it is possible. Full integration with communication both ways (forum->e-mail, e-mail->forum) can be donw with the new version of M2F.

If there still is interest in making this happen check the link below for more information and download.
http://m2f.netclectic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=193

/Patrik
The ultimate european swing site!
www.heptown.com

JesseMiner

#2 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:17 am

Thanks for mentioning this. I have been keeping close watch on this project since we started swingdjs.com and will definitely look into it further now that it is publically available for testing as a beta release.

Jesse

julius

#3 Post by julius » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:47 am

I thought you said earlier that some people on this forum still read it as email?

JesseMiner

#4 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:23 pm

julius wrote:I thought you said earlier that some people on this forum still read it as email?
Yup. Currently in every topic there is a link at the bottom to "Watch this topic for replies" and in every forum there is a similar "Watch this forum for posts". If either is selected, any posts in that topic or forum will be emailed to the user. This is a temporary solution until something more substantial, such as the above mentioned M2F, can be implemented.

M2F does more than just sending out emails when new posts are posted. It also allows a user to be able to send an email to the discussion board and have it be posted here. Thus SwingDJs.com could also be used just like the old yahoo group for those who don't want to use the web-based interface for one reason or another.

Jesse

kitkat

#5 Post by kitkat » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:34 pm

So...say someone adds, "Ha!" to the end of a subject line. How good is this software for parsing subjects and figuring out what thread to post it to?

LazyP

#6 Post by LazyP » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:45 am

kitkat wrote:So...say someone adds, "Ha!" to the end of a subject line. How good is this software for parsing subjects and figuring out what thread to post it to?
Well, we have to ask the developers to check this I guess.
The ultimate european swing site!
www.heptown.com