Ryan - 88
Jesse M - 87
Nathan - 84
Kyle - 75
Mike F - 57
Roy - 49
Kristina - 42
Gary - 40

with 3193 total posts, top 20 has about 2/3s of the total. Bunchcha babblers!

must get back to work, but clearly I'd rather waste time posting more useless posts....

Nate Dogg

#2 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:39 am

I was wondering the other day if this site would ever add rankings (Grand Poobah Yehoodite, Pre-Schooler, etc..).

I figured they wanted to the site to get more established before doing that.

GemZombie

#3 Post by GemZombie » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:54 am

Nate Dogg wrote:I was wondering the other day if this site would ever add rankings (Grand Poobah Yehoodite, Pre-Schooler, etc..).

Jesse M. cleared out most of that extra stuff, as it is a bit distracting and adds clutter. You can still, obviously, get to that info, but it won't be displayed next to your name.

He did it, if I recall, because one of the initial complaints about moving to a Web based forum was that there was always too much garbage on the screen.

Platypus

#4 Post by Platypus » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:02 am

Woo Hoo, I made the top 20 list. Do we get any prizes?

djstarr

#5 Post by djstarr » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:56 am

Do I get the most frenetic or the most obsessed? I made the top ten and have only been posting on this board for a couple of months! ;-)

Nate Dogg

#6 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:25 pm

GemZombie wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:I was wondering the other day if this site would ever add rankings (Grand Poobah Yehoodite, Pre-Schooler, etc..).

Jesse M. cleared out most of that extra stuff, as it is a bit distracting and adds clutter. You can still, obviously, get to that info, but it won't be displayed next to your name.

He did it, if I recall, because one of the initial complaints about moving to a Web based forum was that there was always too much garbage on the screen.
Yeah, I really don't care if we add them or not. Personally, they might not be the best fit for this Board anyway. Thanks for letting me know the story.

Mr Awesomer

#7 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:33 pm

It also kills the desire some have to post and post just to get to the next "rank."

Doing a sort by least posts is also interesting. See some familiar names?
Reuben Brown
Southern California

JesseMiner

#8 Post by JesseMiner » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:01 pm

I just want the more important information that helps us to get to know each other better displayed with users' posts: username, real name, location and photo (avatar). Of course each user's number of posts can still be seen in profiles or the memberlist (as Ron has displayed above).

I would hope that opinions are considered and respected on their own merits, not soley based on a user's high post count or special ranking. Thus one of the many reasons for not displaying this information next to each post.

Jesse

KevinSchaper

#9 Post by KevinSchaper » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:03 pm

...I wonder if that's why on the 2 or 3 occasions that I've posted on yehoodi nobody ever seems to pay attention to what I write.

yedancer

#10 Post by yedancer » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:05 pm

I'm surprised Lawrence hasn't chimed in here.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

Nate Dogg

#11 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:46 pm

yedancer wrote:I'm surprised Lawrence hasn't chimed in here.
He's out in the wilderness. I am sure he will have plenty to say when he gets back...

Lawrence

#12 Post by Lawrence » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:33 pm

yedancer wrote:I'm surprised Lawrence hasn't chimed in here.
Not only was I in Yosemite (et al) last week, but I'm also too embarrassed to really add anything, here. :oops: :oops: :oops: Ugh! :cry:

The only defense I have is that I don't post stuff anywhere else because I've found that the Yehoodi chatter really just wastes my time and taunts me into debates that go nowhere and only polarize people. (Imagine that! :roll: :roll: :roll: ) I like this list because it (sometimes; at least far more often) streamlines the discussion toward my interests--the music--and also opens my perspective on "new" (or better, yet, "different") music than what I already own and play if left only to my own patterns, even if the same thing doesn't occur with others. Nonetheless, if you add the Yehoodi and JJ posts of the others on that list, I GRATEFULLY would abdicate the infamy of being in top spot, here, thank you very much.... :D

Perhaps it might seem ironic to some, but I TOTALLY agree with NOT creating "Yehoodite au vomit" titles according to the number of posts submitted so as to eliminate the incentive to post crap just to get to the next level. It only adds to the irony (on many different levels) that Reuben and I seem to agree on this point. :wink:
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

Yakov

#13 Post by Yakov » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:06 pm

by the way, there doesn't seem to be a place to say this, but: this forum rules. just on my first day reading all the first-page threads on "music" and "skillz," i learned so much from the accumulated knowledge here. Love and power to all. I dj'd last night (for the third time ever) and the stuff here really helped. Thank you all! :D

And I agree that titles, post counts, etc. are lame.

Ron

#14 Post by Ron » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:05 pm

Lawrence, you also win in this category:
Most overuse of emoticons

Toon Town Dave

#15 Post by Toon Town Dave » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:32 pm

Regardless of the number of posts, I think the discussion on here has been really good. In general the signal to noise ratio is very high so it's really easy to look back and find information from months ago.