Space between songs...

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

coreyj5

#16 Post by coreyj5 » Thu Dec 26, 2002 3:19 pm

I personally like it when djs leave a little space in between songs as well. It gives me time to thank my partner and walk off the floor. Plus if they start right in, and there's a song that I would really like to dance to with somebody specific, somebody might already be asking that person to dance. Also some songs I like to play around a little with the intro when I'm dancing. I agree there are exceptions though.

Downeastdancer

#17 Post by Downeastdancer » Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:31 pm

I prefer a space between songs. (I like borders around pictures, too.) It's amazing how long one or two seconds can seem in this context - plenty of time, IMO.
"Take A Train!"

Haydn

#18 Post by Haydn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:37 am

(just found this old thread)

I enjoy playing with the space between songs, and it's sometimes possible to use this to influence the energy in the room. For example, a few short songs with no gaps between them can build the energy. Then you can bring it down by having a 5-10 second pause leading to a slower song with a gentle intro.

remysun

#19 Post by remysun » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 am

I like to reset the mixer at 50/50. At a certain point with that last note, the level will drop and I just start the next track on top of that, fading over to prevent the next track from bleeding through.