Who's done any radio work?

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Nima

Re: Who's done any radio work?

#16 Post by Nima » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:07 am

KevinSchaper wrote:Actually, I think there's at least a few of us that have done college or community radio - at least me, Jesse Miner and SLO Jesse.. anybody else?
I did some radio work when I was in HS back in Spain. WHen I was in college I had a radio show on Friday Nights (midnight -2:00am) which I switched to biweekly because I was missing out on the parties. Then I eventually got a morning talk show which was fun.

I have never DJ'd swing on the airwave though.

Mike

#17 Post by Mike » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:57 pm

I used to DJ with Poke Alex at RIT's radio station when I was in college. You can still hear Alex's show Thursdays from 8-10 PM EST at http://www.modernmusicandmore.com ... he also has a web page for the show at http://jump.to/swingshow

Soma-Guy

#18 Post by Soma-Guy » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:10 pm

Yeah I had a radio show for 3 years while at University. For the first year I did a indie rock show and played a bunch of cool underground and indie Canadian stuff. Then for two years I did a Monty Python show. Because it was a specialty show I could get away with alot of crazy stuff and skip the Can Con requirements that were forced on most shows. I had lots of fun times releasing chickens in the studio, trying to light things on fire, getting screamed at by the station managers and other zany things. . .

Doug

#19 Post by Doug » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:32 pm

I had a short lived weekly commercial (AM) radio show here in Albuquerque (The Sunday Swing Show) just last year. They asked my to play classic big band and swing. I worked very hard to pick the highest sound quality pieces that I had, but the station manager still complained about the poor recording quality (on AM?? give me a break!). He tried to get me to use the HiFi 50's era releases. That's why I actually have quite a number of '50s releases.

After listening to them all, I told him no way. I got fired. Oh Well. But at least 3 weeks of my own commercial radio show looks good on my resume 8)

paul13

#20 Post by paul13 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:21 pm

i dj a show every other monday on wmnf 88.5FM in tampa, fl. it's a college radio alternative show though so i'm not sure if any of you care about this.

...but yeah, i do radio.

Dr. Feelgood

#21 Post by Dr. Feelgood » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:37 pm

Yep, I did radio for all but 1 semester (4 years) of my college career,
I'm thinking about delving back into the field. That won't be that easy
especially because I live in NYC.

caab

#22 Post by caab » Sun May 02, 2004 3:29 pm

Hosted the ska show for two years at 91.3 WZMB, the East Carolina University campus radio station.