DJ Real World

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Mr Awesomer

#31 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:32 pm

Greg Avakian wrote:While I appreate your chastising me, I wonder how you -as the only moderator to post here- think this kind of topic serves our community?
It's a reminder that no one needs to take themselves so seriously. Don't we all need such reminders from time to time... harshly or gently?

My "style" of "moderation" is quite different then Rayned's or Jesse's. I like to just let things play out. However the three of us have agreed to a 2 to 3 call on handling things, so if both of them were to see fit to 86 the thread, it would be their call as I personally have no issue with it.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

JesseMiner

#32 Post by JesseMiner » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:24 pm

Greg Avakian wrote:My opinion is that veiled put downs don't belong on a board that is supposed to be a place for DJs to share information, ask questions, get advice, and generally support each other. Yes, the occaisional snippy remarks can be a fun distraction, but as a topic in and of itself, this seems out of place to say the least.

For exactly that reason, we have decided to lock this thread but preserve it for posterity.

In general, we don't want to be too quick to squelch any discussion and we like to see each run its course, but we are giving that leeway with the implicit understanding that every member will be respectful in their postings, following the board guidelines.

Jesse Miner
SwingDJs Moderator