DJs are really just teenage girls with too much money

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

lindyholic

#31 Post by lindyholic » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:04 am

*tear runs down face* This is the greatest thread EVER!

Harrison
www.lindyhopper.ca, Canada's Swing Site.

djstarr

#32 Post by djstarr » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:07 am

kitkat wrote:
djstarr wrote:are you going to start the sword contest for us?
God, how I was hoping that wouldn't get mentioned...
oh come on now - what is a good pj party without talking about boy's thingies?

and btw, I *am* in my pj's right now - how about you?

kitkat

#33 Post by kitkat » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:08 am

djstarr wrote:and btw, I *am* in my pj's right now - how about you?
I, too, am ready for bed.

*takes a look* I am wearing my favorite sweatpants.

Take that as you will.
Last edited by kitkat on Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

djstarr

#34 Post by djstarr » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:14 am

Goodnight Kat!

Goodnight Harrison!

Goodday Bob and Di!

Swingwombat

#35 Post by Swingwombat » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:28 am

Night Girls :D

Night Harrison :wink:

:) Di

JesseMiner

#36 Post by JesseMiner » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:27 am

Okay folks, time to wrap this thread up. It started of as a stretch of even belonging on this discussion board (yes Julius, I got a chuckle out of it and let it stay), but it has now gone far past that point.

Please keep the discussions relevant here on SwingDJs and leave the chit chat for the other boards.

Thank you.

Jesse Miner
SwingDJs Moderator

djstarr

#37 Post by djstarr » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:05 pm

JesseMiner wrote:Okay folks, time to wrap this thread up. It started of as a stretch of even belonging on this discussion board (yes Julius, I got a chuckle out of it and let it stay), but it has now gone far past that point.

Please keep the discussions relevant here on SwingDJs and leave the chit chat for the other boards.

Thank you.

Jesse Miner
SwingDJs Moderator
darn Jesse - we thought you'd be too busy with SFLX to notice! Ok, I'll be a good girl and clean up my avatar.......

julius

#38 Post by julius » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:38 pm

Yeah, I know it wasn't that relevant (I had trouble figuring out where to put it). But I wanted to kind of point out the amazing amount of pretentiousness that occurs around here sometimes. Not that it needed pointing out, but I have been noticing more and more of it lately (after a nice cessation of said pretentiousness).

I agree that swingdjs has one of the highest signal to noise ratios of any discussion board I've ever seen, and so I apologize for the minor digression. Notice that the swing music sections of jive junction and yehoodi are totally moribund lately? That's because this forum OWNS.

Thanks jesse!

Roy

#39 Post by Roy » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:27 pm

I think you are going to get that whenever you get people who have a passion about something. I venture to guess most DJ's are passionate about the music and hence have strong feelings for it.

djstarr

#40 Post by djstarr » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:07 am

julius wrote:Yeah, I know it wasn't that relevant (I had trouble figuring out where to put it). But I wanted to kind of point out the amazing amount of pretentiousness that occurs around here sometimes. Not that it needed pointing out, but I have been noticing more and more of it lately (after a nice cessation of said pretentiousness).
hmmmmm. Well I think being a DJ entails having thick skin, having a big ego, and having strong opinions - this would make a natural tendency towards pretentiousness don't you think?

However, I do think quite a bit about my posts on here since the forum is a serious one and people are sticklers for details - I would never dare post something on here in my usual haphazard manner without checking on details first. I think that reflects my respect for the level of knowledge about music that folks on this board have. So perhaps this feeling of wanting to post "correctly" and/or justify your opinions also lends itself to pretentiousness?

I actually haven't really noticed too much pretentiousness myself; the occasional sword fight I can easily ignore since I've learned so much from reading this forum.

And I for one was thrown off by the gender switch (perhaps us girls are a tad sensitive eh?) - anyhow, thanks for clarifying your original intent.

Racetrack

#41 Post by Racetrack » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:20 pm

JesseMiner wrote:Okay folks, time to wrap this thread up. It started of as a stretch of even belonging on this discussion board (yes Julius, I got a chuckle out of it and let it stay), but it has now gone far past that point.

Thank you.

Jesse Miner
SwingDJs Moderator
Ohmigawd Jesse! We are SO not letting you sit at our table at lunch or speaking to you or inviting you to any of our parties anymore if you are going to take that stuck up attitude! Ewwwww!

thecheeta

#42 Post by thecheeta » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:36 am

Gag me with a spoon.

(And thus, my first post on the DJ board. Yay me. I feel... official... now. Or dirty. Not sure which. I need a shower... brb)