Sequencing Fail

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

Sequencing Fail

#1 Post by Yakov » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Couldn't find a good place to post this so I'm starting a new thread.

Tonight I sequenced Sy Oliver (Black and Blue Sessions) "Yes Indeed" right before Lionel Hampton's "Lavender Coffin." It sounded like one long uninterrupted song filled with gospel chord changes, blues soloing, and shouting guys in the background. facepalm

Travis

Re: Sequencing Fail

#2 Post by Travis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Yakov wrote:Couldn't find a good place to post this so I'm starting a new thread.

Tonight I sequenced Sy Oliver (Black and Blue Sessions) "Yes Indeed" right before Lionel Hampton's "Lavender Coffin." It sounded like one long uninterrupted song filled with gospel chord changes, blues soloing, and shouting guys in the background. facepalm
I'm curious if you previewed LC before you added it to your queue. Even if I know what a song sounds like I almost always preview it so I can actually hear it while the other song is playing - that has caused me to change my mind on song sequences many times (hopefully for the better).
Jazz will endure as long as people hear it with their feet instead of their brains. --John Philip Sousa

Yakov

#3 Post by Yakov » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 pm

no, i don't have an external sound card yet

dogpossum

#4 Post by dogpossum » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Ouch. I've done that before. I find it's even worse if both songs are kind of mellow tinkly piano. At least you had a bunch of clapping and shouting in there...