Swing DJ gigs - how's it going, gig-wise?

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Eyeball

Swing DJ gigs - how's it going, gig-wise?

#1 Post by Eyeball » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm

How are the gigs holding up where you are? I hope everyone is doing well and spreading the good word.
Will big bands ever come back?

lipi

Re: Swing DJ gigs - how's it going, gig-wise?

#2 Post by lipi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Eyeball wrote:How are the gigs holding up where you are? I hope everyone is doing well and spreading the good word.
Do you mean number of gigs-wise? I haven't noticed a change here near San Francisco--still the same number of weekly dances and special events. No decline in the last couple of years that I can tell.

In fact, this weekend, I'm DJ'ing at a big history-focused workshop. Norma Miller, Chazz Young, and Chester Whitmore will all be there. Yay! :o)

Eyeball

#3 Post by Eyeball » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm

lipi wrote:
Eyeball wrote:How are the gigs holding up where you are? I hope everyone is doing well and spreading the good word.
Do you mean number of gigs-wise?
Yup - basically that's what I meant. Say 'Hi" to Chester for me. Been a bit since I've seen him. He was one of the first people I met in the scene back in the way early 90s!

lipi

#4 Post by lipi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Eyeball wrote:Say 'Hi" to Chester for me. Been a bit since I've seen him. He was one of the first people I met in the scene back in the way early 90s!
Sure! He's actually staying at my place while here.

What's you last name? (PM me if you prefer privacy.) I assume just "John" isn't going to narrow it down enough. :o)

Eyeball

#5 Post by Eyeball » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 pm

lipi wrote:
Eyeball wrote:Say 'Hi" to Chester for me. Been a bit since I've seen him. He was one of the first people I met in the scene back in the way early 90s!
Sure! He's actually staying at my place while here.

What's you last name? (PM me if you prefer privacy.) I assume just "John" isn't going to narrow it down enough. :o)
John Cooper is me! Big John Special! Thx!