Playing the same musician twice?

Tips and techniques of the trade

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

BryanC

Playing the same musician twice?

#1 Post by BryanC » Wed May 21, 2003 6:42 am

...in particular, the same vocalist. What your limit? How many songs between? Obviously, this doesn't include theme nights like 'All Duke, All the Time'.

GemZombie

#2 Post by GemZombie » Wed May 21, 2003 10:52 am

I love doing theme sets. Most of my audience doesn't even know i'm doing it, however. One of my favorite things to do is to play in twos. I'll pick two songs by a specific artist, and then two of another and so on..

There's a point where you can overdo it, and it's best to stop a set like that at it's peak, where people are still digging it, before they start to get bored with it.

yedancer

#3 Post by yedancer » Wed May 21, 2003 12:05 pm

Unless I'm doing a double shot, I'll usually wait at least 5 or 6 songs before playing another song by the same musician.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

yedancer

#4 Post by yedancer » Wed May 21, 2003 12:21 pm

Of course, I don't do that very often.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.