Nero question

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

JesseMiner

Nero question

#1 Post by JesseMiner » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:30 pm

For burning CDs, I have been a loyal Roxio Easy CD Creator user for years, but I want to switch over to using Nero as it seems superior in many ways (and my version of Easy CD Creator 5.x doesn't seem to work now that I reinstalled WinXP with SP2).

There is one problem that is preventing me from switching over. Nero parses the file names differently when populating the fields for each song, and this parsing method doesn't work with my file-naming conventions. Nero seems to assume that the file is named with the following convention: Artist Name - Song Title.wav, while my files usually use quite a different convention: Song Title - Album.wav (the artist name is usually implied at the folder level). Thus Nero tries to parse my files by putting the song title in the "Artist Name" field and the album name into the "Song Title" field. As you can imagine, this just won't work for me, and I'm not about to rename all of my files. Ideally, I just want Nero to see the entire file name as the "Song Title" and not try to parse anything.

Is there a way to do this? I can't find it in any of Nero's settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse