best rip on a Mac.

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

best rip on a Mac.

#1 Post by Yakov » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:16 am

getting ready for my new iMac... buying it soon...

great to see that LAME is platform compatible...

Exact Audio Copy, however, is not. :cry:

What is the best CD rip program for a Mac? Error correction, works with damaged CDs, etc.... free is good...

-yakov.

Zot

#2 Post by Zot » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:17 pm

"Take the worst of neo-swing and put it together with Glen Miller. The man thinks the Count is someone from a horror flick. Take pity on him and let him play two or three tunes. But be sure you have some errands to run." -- Bill Borgida

Yakov

#3 Post by Yakov » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:07 am

i'm not talking about compression -- i'm talking about ripping the actual audio from the CD. i already know how i want to do compression.

sonofvu

#4 Post by sonofvu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:03 pm

An iMac heh? I'm jealous. Unfortunately I think that the best is LAME then followed by iTunes. So until EAC comes out for the Mac I think that is what you have.
Yard work sucks. I would much rather dj.

JesseMiner

#5 Post by JesseMiner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm

sonofvu wrote:Unfortunately I think that the best is LAME then followed by iTunes. So until EAC comes out for the Mac I think that is what you have.
I know this is off the topic of ripping and more about encoding, but since it was mentioned, LAME can be used with iTunes on the Mac:

iTunes-LAME Encoder 2.0.7

Jesse

Mr Awesomer

#6 Post by Mr Awesomer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:48 pm

The best rip on a Mac? I dunno... there are just to many good ones to choose from.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

JesseMiner

Re: best rip on a Mac.

#7 Post by JesseMiner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:30 pm

Yakov wrote:What is the best CD rip program for a Mac? Error correction, works with damaged CDs, etc.... free is good...
I asked my Mac-loving and tech-saavy friend this question, and his answer was: iTunes. Look under Edit->Preferences: Check the "Use error correction when reading audio CDs" box.

Have any of you tried using this? Does it work well? How does it compare to EAC?

Jesse

Yakov

#8 Post by Yakov » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:32 pm

i meant to say iBook... and i'm probably not getting it for a while. i did make an interesting discovery regarding Windows ripping, but that's for another thread.. thanks for the tips

Sheshazam

After Ripping use MegaSeg for DJing.

#9 Post by Sheshazam » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:58 pm

http://www.megaseg.com

I swear by this program. It does everything you would ever need. Sorry windows it's only for Mac. Pricey but worth ever dollar. I have tried every other available MAC dj program and this is the very best by a long shot.
The OC Swing Dance Club
http://www.ocswing.com

Zot

#10 Post by Zot » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:56 pm

Yakov wrote:i'm not talking about compression -- i'm talking about ripping the actual audio from the CD. i already know how i want to do compression.
Yakov, I was talking about ripping as well as compressing. The answer is iTunes. It does a very very good job.
"Take the worst of neo-swing and put it together with Glen Miller. The man thinks the Count is someone from a horror flick. Take pity on him and let him play two or three tunes. But be sure you have some errands to run." -- Bill Borgida