Echo Indigo (basic) vs. Echo Indigo dj

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

aklamo

Echo Indigo (basic) vs. Echo Indigo dj

#1 Post by aklamo » Tue May 18, 2004 9:08 am

So I've searched around on these here boards to see what I could find out about hooking up a second sound card, and I've got one question:

Does the Echo Indigo PCMCIA card override my onboard sound card, or will it give me the dual soundcard that I'm looking for?

The Echo Indigo dj card will do everything that I'm looking to do, but naturally, it's more $$.

Anybody have any experience with these cards, preferences?

wheresmygravy

#2 Post by wheresmygravy » Tue May 18, 2004 10:13 am

Assuming you have DJ software that will support both soundcards you will be able to use the Indigo for your main output and use the internal/headphones for monitor.

I know Charlie in St.Louis has the basic Indigo card. And that is where i got my knowledge.

I use the Sound Blaster MP3 external box. It's cheap, it works, but it is an extra something you have to haul around.

aklamo

#3 Post by aklamo » Tue May 18, 2004 10:34 am

Sweet. That's what I wanted to hear.

I do have dj software, and I'll probably post back here when I get everything put together.

thanks!

smunky

#4 Post by smunky » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:50 am

it'll work as jerry described, but be sure to up your buffer size in the preferences, so the amount of work the computer is doing doesn't make the song you are playing skip or gap.

i had to switch to winamp since the program i was using didn't have an adjustable buffer size, and i had some issues with the indigo card and gaps when i first used it.

(geek)

#5 Post by (geek) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:04 pm

word of warning for OSX Mac users.. I haven't been able to get my Indigo card to work since I upgraded to Panther/10.3. Emails to Echo's support department have been answered less than helpfully.

Evidently it "should just work".. YMMV.