TDK introduces DA-9000 CDRW/HDD jukebox

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

CafeSavoy

TDK introduces DA-9000 CDRW/HDD jukebox

#1 Post by CafeSavoy » Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:13 am

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/De ... tedID=3326

TDK introduces DA-9000 CDRW/HDD jukebox – a CD/MP3 recorder with built-in 20GB HDD
Friday, 10 January 2003

At CES 2003, TDK is debuting its DA-9000 CDRW/HDD JUKEBOX recorder with 20GB hard drive – a breakthrough standalone unit that combines the best features of a computer-based digital music storage and playback device with a high-performance CD burner, giving consumers new and exciting ways to record, organize and experience all their favorite music. Beneath its sleek industrial design and elegant finish, the DA-9000’s 20GB hard drive gives consumers ready access to a vast music library with the capability to store and play more than 30 audio CDs or over 4,000 MP3 files. Using its USB connection, music can be transferred into the DA-9000 from any PC, or songs can be ripped directly to the unit’s hard drive from audio CDs.
Noted Yong Park, TDK Product Manager: “The introduction of the DA-9000 signals TDK’s intention to lead the industry as a total digital audio solutions provider by utilizing the most advanced digital technologies in a variety of innovative, lifestyle-oriented products. By combining a 20GB hard drive (upgradeable to 40GB) with advanced CD and MP3 recording capabilities, we’re opening up a new world of music enjoyment for our music-passionate customers. Thanks to its vast music storage and organizing capabilities, the DA-9000 is a ‘virtual library’ for all the music in a listener’s collection – letting users instantly locate specific tracks, create customized playlists, burn custom CDs, transfer music to and from portable MP3 players and more.”

Built-In Hard Drive Offers Unprecedented Flexibility and Versatility Thanks to the DA-9000’s 20GB hard drive storage capacity, users can store a massive amount of music – all of which can be listened to directly from the hard drive, or easily burned onto a blank CD as standard CD audio or MP3 files at the touch of a button. In effect, the DA-9000 functions as a digital jukebox connected to a CD recorder. The DA-9000’s USB interface further adds to its versatility and flexibility, allowing users to easily download songs from their PC into the hard drive. Once a song file is saved in the DA-9000’s hard drive, users can access all song information from the internal CDDB database, recording individual songs to CD disc any time they want.

Convert CDs To MP3s Quickly And Easily – And Vice Versa!

The TDK DA-9000 CDRW/HDD JUKEBOX offers the ultimate in recording flexibility, digital audio recording quality, and ease of operation. The DA-9000 features a built-in MP3 encoder that lets users load a pre-recorded audio CD into the CD drive and convert its music tracks to MP3 files on the hard drive – or burn MP3 files from the hard drive onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW.

The deck requires music CD-R and CD-RW discs for recording, and includes a full complement of digital and analog inputs and outputs, to accommodate most music sources and connect to any home entertainment system.

Exceptional Recording and Playback Performance

The TDK DA-9000 makes music recording fast and easy, thanks to its intuitively laid out recording and playback controls, an adjustable recording level control for both digital and analog recording, track indexing for analog music recording, and many additional performance and convenience features.

The DA-9000 CDRW/HDD JUKEBOX incorporates a wealth of advanced digital technologies for outstanding audio performance, such as premium-quality D/A and A/D converters for exceptional resolution and dynamic range, precision drive mechanisms for foolproof operation, and internal components specially selected for best sound quality. Best of all, with a suggested retail price of just $379.99, the DA-9000 offers unprecedented value in a standalone home digital recording component.

The DA-9000 comes supplied with a remote control and batteries, USB and audio cables, a QuickStart instruction guide and a detailed manual – everything needed to start recording CDs right out of the box. The TDK DA-9000 is fully compliant with the SCMS Serial Copy Management System, which limits digital copying to one generation.

The TDK DA-9000 CDRW/HDD JUKEBOX will be shipping spring 2003. TDK currently offers its DA-5900 Digital Audio Recorder, a high-performance dual-tray CD-R/RW recorder at a suggested retail price of $249.

mark0tz

#2 Post by mark0tz » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:33 pm

damn, I like the looks of this thing. TDK is already my burner of choice. I wonder what the size (and price of the 40GB version) will be.
Mike Marcotte

Kyle

#3 Post by Kyle » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:19 pm

TDK isnt all that

i have a velocd 40/12/48x and I have had nothing but problems with it. lack of good information on the site about troubleshooting is my biggest complaint.

mark0tz

#4 Post by mark0tz » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:57 pm

*shrug* I have a VeloCD myself. 24/10/40. No problems, great results with ripping at high speeds. My previous CD-Burners Smart-N-Friendly and the one that came with a Dell both had problems burning the later tracks cleanly. They'd start skipping when you got there. But the combination of Kodak Gold media and my VeloCD burner have yielded excellent results.

I guess I haven't noticed the lack of online help because I've never needed it. To add to the reasons I like this burner, I got it when there was a goof at Best Buy where there was a $50 Manufacturer's rebate, a $30 Best Buy rebate, and an accidental $50 Best Buy rebate. The latter was a mistake corrected the day after I bought my burner for $140 (that's essentially paying $10 for the thing).
Mike Marcotte

DapperDan

#5 Post by DapperDan » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:30 pm

That's a pretty cool gizmo.

I've been a big fan of SonicBlue's products. The equivalent SonicBlue thing is the Rio Central. They want $1149 for that, where the TDK thing is $380. Big difference. Even if the Rio Center is really, really better, it ain't that much better.