How do I extract this song from this CD

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

#16 Post by Yakov » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:34 pm

wow, three posts in a row...

discovery: RealPlayer with error correction (encoding to WAV, natch) seems to do better than EAC on my drive. The program doesn't look like a "power user tool" but it delivers the goods... no jumps jitters or fuzz at all...

-yakov

kbuxton

#17 Post by kbuxton » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:09 am

I've got a CD that even EAC couldn't help with. It plays fine in my stereo, but when I try to play it on the computer it gets 1:20 into the first track and then I get no sound (either playing it as a CD in the computer or having EAC rip to .WAV and then trying to play those). Does anyone else have Jay McShann & Major Holley - "Havin' Fun"? Is it just my copy or is that CD just messed up?

Yakov

#18 Post by Yakov » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:45 pm

the first batch of CDs that came out had cleaning directions -- use a damp lintless cloth (dunno what it means for a cloth to have no lint... i usually just use my t-shirt) and wipe in straight lines from inside to outside, dry it in the same way.

if you still can't rip, try a different program like RealPlayer or iTunes. EAC is not God

kbuxton

#19 Post by kbuxton » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:21 pm

Yakov wrote:the first batch of CDs that came out had cleaning directions -- use a damp lintless cloth (dunno what it means for a cloth to have no lint... i usually just use my t-shirt) and wipe in straight lines from inside to outside, dry it in the same way.

if you still can't rip, try a different program like RealPlayer or iTunes. EAC is not God
That actually isn't the problem. It SEEMS to rip just fine, but then I can't play the files.

julius

#20 Post by julius » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:33 am

Nearly two years later, I am within 10 CDs of finishing ripping ALL my jazz and blues. Yeah, I'm a slacker.

about 22,500 minutes' worth. not that much compared to you guys, of course, but wow it sure has been fun going into musicmatch and comparing different versions of the same song easily, or discovering cuts you never knew about, and so on.

Now I need a laptop and an external drive, heh heh heh.

Lawrence

#21 Post by Lawrence » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:36 pm

julius wrote:wow it sure has been fun going into musicmatch and comparing different versions of the same song easily, or discovering cuts you never knew about, and so on.
Yes, I need to do so, myself, for exactly that reason. Just bought a 300 gig internal hard drive. But I rue the whole process and how long it will take to get there.
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com