mislabeled cds?

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

kbuxton

mislabeled cds?

#1 Post by kbuxton » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:06 am

Has anyone else ever bought a cd and found it to be entirely mislabeled? I bought (used) Amos Milburn - the Essential Recordings. It sat around for a long time (long enough that I don't remember when or where I bought it). When I finally went to listen to it, I found that while the liner notes, cd label, etc all said it's Amos Milburn, it's really Charlie Parker's Best of the Dial Years.

(And yes, this is a good reason I ought to catch up on the backlog. Could have returned it if I caught this right away).

SpuzBal

#2 Post by SpuzBal » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:51 am

I've seen songs mislabeled, but never the artist. :shock:
"In my opinion, out of the ten great guitarists in the world, Django is five of them!" - Rex Stewart

Swingwombat

#3 Post by Swingwombat » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:47 pm

I bought a Nina Simone double album and the cd's are each labeled as the other cd!

Now that I have burnt for DJ'ing I don't get nearly so confused :wink:

:roll: Di

Yakov

#4 Post by Yakov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:29 am

at the library, there's a bessie smith 2-cd set, but both cds are disc 1

Lindy Bomb

#5 Post by Lindy Bomb » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:39 pm

I've got this ghetto big band compilation cd set, that's actually got some really great stuff on it...but several of the songs are mislabeled. One cd has the same song twice in a row, another one has two songs listed that aren't on the cd and a couple of songs are switched with the one right next to them. I think it's kinda funny, I guess that's what happens when you only spend $10 on a 3 cd set. :roll: