Software for cd-information sheets

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

dana

#16 Post by dana » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:04 am

djstarr wrote:cool - thanks for the quick replies. So the link says that the track information includes bpm, genre and sub-genre. That would save a lot of time if that was easily downloaded and if the info was correct.

Nate - have you seen the bpm info listed? Anyone else try this?

p.s. that also explains why sometimes the info is wrong - I was cataloging Spinnin' the Webb and both Amazon and allmusic had the tracks wrong.
Yeah, you have to keep in mind that all the info in CDDB was contributed by people like us, so there are very often misspellings and simply incorrect data. I have never seen bpm info listed that was correct (it may be correct for techno, because it's really easy for commercial beat detection software to get techno right, but not swing), and I very rarely see bpm info at all.

d.

djstarr

#17 Post by djstarr » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:04 pm

thanks Dana!

JohnDyer

#18 Post by JohnDyer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:53 pm

MDB2000 is software that will look up your CD on CDDB and automatically put it into a db like format. You can add/delete as many custom fields as you like and you have infinite ways of sorting and printing out reports. You can import from field delimitted text dbs as well as exporting to them as well. I think it's about $40 now and there's a demo too. The website is here:

http://www.accsi.com/music/database.html

You can save templates of different reports that you like, then print out a little report to fit within the sleeve for the CD. At a glance you can have whatever important info you need about a CD.
John Dyer, Denver CO

ad-roc

#19 Post by ad-roc » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:12 pm

orancecd www.firetongue.com pretty sweet interface, easy drag and drop for the cover art, exports to html, some users have coded things so it'll export to php Minus - can't handle batch update or barcode scanners, don't think you can add fields associated with a track.

Cdtrustee base40.com - Batch update, will store the covers, also exports to access db Minus not as nice looking as the orangecd