sleeve for cd

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

paulo

sleeve for cd

#1 Post by paulo » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:23 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for advise to buy sleeve for cd.
The only i can find in France (i think) for a lot of cd is this one :
http://www.ldlc.fr/fiche/PB00011400.html
It's good but perhaps you know a website where i could find better. Not in number for cd but more functionnal, for example space to write the type of music, big band, groove etc.
Thanks

ps: i had the chance to go to amoeba in LA this summer, amazing shop for cd...that's why i need new sleeve...
Paul

kbuxton

#2 Post by kbuxton » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:06 pm

I use something like that one, I just print out my own little sheets for each cd with info about them and slip them in on top of the cd.

yedancer

#3 Post by yedancer » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:38 pm

I would suggest buying a case with a soft backing for the CD. I had a few cases a long time ago that scratched up CDs with a vengeance. Also be careful of buying a case that is sensitive to heat. The last thing you want is to have melted plastic on your CDs (which also happened to me a long time ago.)

My ultimate advice: never take your CD cases to the beach. You might as well just take a razor blade to them.
-Jeremy

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.

Toon Town Dave

#4 Post by Toon Town Dave » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:08 pm

I have sleeves that have a soft, fiber-like surface where the CD clear layer goes that seem to be okay for scratching. The material feels paper link but I think it's actually plastic. The cheap pages/sleeves that are like photo pages are awful for scratching.

If you are putting original CD's in, you may want to check out the CDR = time bomb discussion. The way you store them can have an effect on the lifetime. Also beware of environmental extremes (humidity and temperature).