Adding a gap between songs in iTunes

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Haydn

Adding a gap between songs in iTunes

#1 Post by Haydn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am

I use iTunes for DJing. Does anyone know if it possible to automatically add a gap of a few seconds after each song? (I occasionally have a problem where a song runs right to the end and then runs onto the next one in the list).

SoundInMotionDJ

Re: Adding a gap between songs in iTunes

#2 Post by SoundInMotionDJ » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:46 am

Haydn wrote:I use iTunes for DJing. Does anyone know if it possible to automatically add a gap of a few seconds after each song? (I occasionally have a problem where a song runs right to the end and then runs onto the next one in the list).
No automatic way. You can create a track with "nothing" in it that is 1 sec, 2sec, 3sec, 4sec, 5sec, etc, long. Then you can add that track to your playlist to use as a buffer between songs.

Alternatively, almost all of the current DJ programs contain that functionality...and an whole lot more tools to make your life as a DJ easier.

iTunes (and winamp) are not built or intended for live DJing.

Haydn

Re: Adding a gap between songs in iTunes

#3 Post by Haydn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:44 pm

SoundInMotionDJ wrote:No automatic way. You can create a track with "nothing" in it that is 1 sec, 2sec, 3sec, 4sec, 5sec, etc, long. Then you can add that track to your playlist to use as a buffer between songs.
Thanks. That's what I thought. It's a bit surprising though, because iTunes is so popular and I think it would be an easy option to add. You CAN add a gap between songs when burning a CD from iTunes, so I don't quite understand why they haven't included the option when playing from iTunes ...