DJing software for Mac OSX

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

dogpossum

#31 Post by dogpossum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 pm

straycat wrote:(except for that magical bit of DJing software for the iPad that I really must get around to writing)

!!!

straycat

#32 Post by straycat » Sun May 02, 2010 3:31 am

dogpossum wrote:
straycat wrote:(except for that magical bit of DJing software for the iPad that I really must get around to writing)

!!!
Hey - I can dream....

anton

#33 Post by anton » Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 am

'Megaseg' is indeed very nice. One feature I miss though is the possibility to insert a pause between songs. Or did I miss some setting?

Mr. Scruff

#34 Post by Mr. Scruff » Tue May 25, 2010 1:30 pm

anton wrote:'Megaseg' is indeed very nice. One feature I miss though is the possibility to insert a pause between songs. Or did I miss some setting?
I just looked at the demo for v. 5.1 and it looks like you can insert a break in the playlist (The button is near the bottom right corner). It then waits until you manually advance to the next song in the playlist. Hope this helps.

trev

#35 Post by trev » Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 pm

For those curious about DiscoXT, I sent the developers a note about the menu pause issue I had and the replied straight away saying that it has been fixed in the next version which is due out in about a month. So keep an eye out for version 6.0!

anton

#36 Post by anton » Wed May 26, 2010 11:35 am

Mr. Scruff wrote:
anton wrote:'Megaseg' is indeed very nice. One feature I miss though is the possibility to insert a pause between songs. Or did I miss some setting?
I just looked at the demo for v. 5.1 and it looks like you can insert a break in the playlist (The button is near the bottom right corner). It then waits until you manually advance to the next song in the playlist. Hope this helps.
Ah, yes, that feature can be really useful. What I meant though was the possibility to insert a pause of, say, 2 seconds between every song. That would correspond to a negative value for the "AutoSeg Trim" setting in MegaSeg in suppose, but that is not supported.

Mr. Scruff

#37 Post by Mr. Scruff » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

anton wrote:
Mr. Scruff wrote:
Ah, yes, that feature can be really useful. What I meant though was the possibility to insert a pause of, say, 2 seconds between every song. That would correspond to a negative value for the "AutoSeg Trim" setting in MegaSeg in suppose, but that is not supported.
Hmm. The only workaround I can think of is to generate a 2 second "silent" mp3 in Audacity and insert it into the playlist between songs. It's a PITA but it gets the job done.

chrisbe

#38 Post by chrisbe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

Trev, any news about DiscoXT?

Rob

#39 Post by Rob » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:13 am

straycat wrote:
dogpossum wrote:

!!!
Hey - I can dream....
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/17/upc ... -features/

Don't know about being able to monitor out or sound quality output, but it's a start...

trev

#40 Post by trev » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:53 pm

chrisbe wrote:Trev, any news about DiscoXT?
Strangely they just updated it this weekend! 6.0.3

http://www.discoxt.com/

trev

#41 Post by trev » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:39 pm

If you are willing to forgive the hideous interface, MegaSeg is currently 30% off on the Mac App store: MegaSeg DJ

and the gimmicky but popular DJay is an incredible 60% off:DJay

Yakov

#42 Post by Yakov » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:29 pm

I spend about an hour tonight trying to figure out a good program to use alongside iTunes, as I am not able to drag songs from iTunes to Cog (using the latest versions of both). I wasted a lot of bandwidth downloading different programs until I realized that I already had a program that can do it perfectly: VLC. Dragging songs from iTunes to VLC works perfectly.

I just ordered a ghetto $8 USB soundcard from Amazon, and now I have my iTunes / VLC setup, I'll let y'all know how it goes once I get it all together and try it at a live venue.

dogpossum

#43 Post by dogpossum » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 am

Yakov wrote:I spend about an hour tonight trying to figure out a good program to use alongside iTunes, as I am not able to drag songs from iTunes to Cog (using the latest versions of both). I wasted a lot of bandwidth downloading different programs until I realized that I already had a program that can do it perfectly: VLC. Dragging songs from iTunes to VLC works perfectly.

I just ordered a ghetto $8 USB soundcard from Amazon, and now I have my iTunes / VLC setup, I'll let y'all know how it goes once I get it all together and try it at a live venue.
Really? I do that (drag from itunes to cog) all the time while DJing. But it doesn't work with drm protected songs. Is that what they're called? I mean songs I bought from itunes that are protected.
I use a cog/itunes/second soundcard set up on a mac too. It's kewl. ... well, in a not-kewl way.

Yakov

#44 Post by Yakov » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

on my computer NOTHING drags from itunes to cog. maybe a Lion thing? but it definitely works on VLC so it's all good.

trev

#45 Post by trev » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Has anyone used DJay for Swing DJing?