Creative Xmod

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

zipthebird

Creative Xmod

#1 Post by zipthebird » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am

Has anyone been using the Creative Xmod? What has been your experience?

I'm in the market for a new laptop, probably going the netbook route, and I want to decide on a sound card before I make a final decision on the rest of the hardware. Haven't figured out yet whether I can get a netbook with a slot for an Echo Indigo.

(Just FYI, I've read the entire laptop djing thread, and the external sound card thread, so no need to post links to your old comments. In the spirit of trying to make the information in this forum more accessible, let's try to stay on topic folks.)

J-h:n

#2 Post by J-h:n » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I use it and I'm quite happy with it. It works well, it's extremely simple to use and it sounds great - the "crystalizer" funktion really enhances the sound of mp3s a lot (don't bother with the "surround" function, though).

I've never used any other external soundcard, and most other laptop based djs around here just use the internal one, so I can't really compare it to other products.

penguin

#3 Post by penguin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:45 am

I like it - good balance of quality and cost.

Agree with J-h:n about the crystalizer and surround.

The large volume knob that also acts as a mute button is also handy when I'm just using it to listen to music (and is a good backstop if you don't have your levels set right and the mixing board isn't close at hand).