dj1800 help!

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

mary

dj1800 help!

#1 Post by mary » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:31 pm

(warning: I am not very technically inclined)

What have you found is the best way to set up your music that you want to play? I was wondering if there is a setting for loading a song into each cd player and then once the song in cd1 ends it automatically starts the song ins cd2? The only way so far that I can tell would be to load a song into cd1 and then once it ends manually start cd2, or drag a drop a couple songs in the order you want and then those all load into the same cd player - however the problem i have run into with this is you can't add to those songs if I drag more in because it replaces them with the song i just dropped in...also once dropped in, it won't let me change the order of them if I want to make a swap...help?

fredo

#2 Post by fredo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:31 pm

sounds like you understand dj1800 pretty well. It's a single loading, manual control, 4 deck player.

you could look into getting Disco XT, which can do what you're wanting to do. I will mention though that this software uses automated actions to do all the fancy switching from one song to load the next song from a playlist, but sometimes the automation gets screwy.

anyway, I don't think dj1800 does what you're wanting to do. I use dj1800 when I know i want a safe djing experience because it forces you to manually load each song and start each song. However, it also forces you to play long songs when you need to leave the booth to take a piss.

i think i have about 3 different players that i could use when I go djing, and I choose which one based on what I find it useful for. I'm still searching for my all-around everything player for mac that doesn't have some limiting aspect to it.