Ots Turntables

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

penguin

Ots Turntables

#1 Post by penguin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 am

I've downloaded the free trial of this software and I'm thinking of purchasing the full version.

At first glance I like it. Comes very close to using actual CD turntables and a mixer. Probably has a few too many bells and whistles though. But it's made by and Aussie company and I always like supporting the local products.

Has anyone else used this software? What do you think if you have?

JesseMiner

#2 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 am

A link would help: Ots Turntables

Jesse

Matthew

#3 Post by Matthew » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:38 am

I downloaded the demo a long time ago. It was cool to scratch, but you don't need something that sophisticated in order to DJ a lindy night (as you noted). I'd go for something else.

penguin

#4 Post by penguin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Matthew wrote:I downloaded the demo a long time ago. It was cool to scratch, but you don't need something that sophisticated in order to DJ a lindy night (as you noted). I'd go for something else.
Any suggestions? Something similar with fewer bells and whisltes

Matthew

#5 Post by Matthew » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I've used CDs, mostly. When I've used a laptop, it's usually been for a few, select tracks. Personally, I'm pretty happy with CDs. There are probably plenty of software suggestions in the Laptop DJing thread.

penguin

#6 Post by penguin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 am

Matthew wrote:I've used CDs, mostly. When I've used a laptop, it's usually been for a few, select tracks. Personally, I'm pretty happy with CDs. There are probably plenty of software suggestions in the Laptop DJing thread.
I like CD's too, :D using a laptop is out of necessity as none of the venues in my scene have CD decks and I don't want to go to the expense of purchasing my own.:(