Woo hoo! It's VISTA time!!

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

J-h:n

#16 Post by J-h:n » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 pm

So, a year on, how do people feel about Vista for DJing purposes? Has anybody had any issues with it?

I'm in the market for a new laptop, mostly for DJing, and I wonder if it would be worth the extra hassle to get XP installed on it.

CountBasi

#17 Post by CountBasi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:46 pm

I haven't had problems with it - JRiver user here. Before I actually DJ'd with it, I really gave it a thorough testing at home using VLC, Windows Media Player, JRiver. The idea was, I start with the lightest (lite) software to play my music, then go progressively up through the bloated WMP, to the punchy but actually usefully kitted-out JRiver.

No glitches. Not sure what else to say :)
It don't matter if your clock is broke - it's the right time somewhere : Slim Gaillard

GemZombie

#18 Post by GemZombie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:46 pm

J-h:n wrote:So, a year on, how do people feel about Vista for DJing purposes? Has anybody had any issues with it?

I'm in the market for a new laptop, mostly for DJing, and I wonder if it would be worth the extra hassle to get XP installed on it.
No problems here. Running Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5570, using BPM Studio as my DJ Software. Works great.

Oh, and that Dig a few posts back from Rueben about getting what you pay for with a laptop... I bought this one for just about $500 (1.73Ghz Dual Core, 1Gig Ram, 160Gig HD, DVD Multi-DL). Best laptop I've owned, and a great price. I'd rather have this one than any overpriced expensive beast.... and I"m not a Apple user, so that's not an option.