Help needed: choosing equipment

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Koopa Troopa

#16 Post by Koopa Troopa » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:32 am

Toon Town Dave wrote:Does anyone have much experience with the Numark CD MIX-1 or CD MIX-2 dual CD player/mixer unit? I have access to a PA setup that provides adequate amplification and speakers but need a CD player and something with the ability to preview/cue. This unit looks like it like it will do the trick but the price for all that capability in one package seems a little too good to be true.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
I've used both versions and both have been very solid. I can't really say anything negative because it did exactly what it was supposed to do....mix, cue, preview, etc. I forget if there is a BPM counter/feature on the unit. Unless I'm doing techno or something I never used it to beatmatch swing tunes.

Any glitches were with other pieces of equipment (amp, mic, etc). We used them for dances, DJ battles and we got one for the Cleveland Exchange. Worked so well that one of the dancers/DJs in Cleveland bought one for himself.

Hope this helps.

Check this site out, reviews and all...Cheers!

http://www.samedaymusic.com/prodsearch? ... h&q=numark
Loreto

Dj G

Numark CD MIX 2

#17 Post by Dj G » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:05 pm

Toon Town Dave wrote:Does anyone have much experience with the Numark CD MIX-1 or CD MIX-2 dual CD player/mixer unit? I have access to a PA setup that provides adequate amplification and speakers but need a CD player and something with the ability to preview/cue. This unit looks like it like it will do the trick but the price for all that capability in one package seems a little too good to be true.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
The CD MIX 2 is the way to go, especially for lindy work, they have anti shock built in. I have two as backup units for both my systems and they work GREAT! I highly recommend them to anyone.
Yeah, that's Dj G over there; under the CD Bins, digging contently in the 45 rpm box :)