Skipping, Hiccuping problem...

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Lindysauce

Skipping, Hiccuping problem...

#1 Post by Lindysauce » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:04 pm

So, I've been djing using J River Media Center. I began experiencing issues a while back where the song would hiccup every once in a while when I was searching for the next song to play. I figured it was my shitty computer so I went out and bought a brand new computer yesterday so that it wouldn't happen at a DJ gig I had last night. Well, it did it on the new computer as well so its gotta be a software issue. I know lots of DJs who use MC and don't have this problem. Any thoughts or suggestions on the situation? I'm feeling pretty desperate as I am DJing a weekend event starting Thursday....help...please....

Surreal

#2 Post by Surreal » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Use whatever program to organize/search your music, drag'n'drop into Windows Media Player as your output. I've never had any troubles with that.

Bob the Builder

#3 Post by Bob the Builder » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:40 am

I've found WinAmp very, very good also.
The only time it hasn't behaved itself was when I was DJing and also trying to listen to a sample track from a free wireless link. Stupid me.

Brian

WindsorSwingKid

#4 Post by WindsorSwingKid » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:38 am

I found that if there was not a wireless network that my laptop could connect to, the hiccup was the pause the system took to poll for a wireless network... Once I disabled my wireless card, the hiccup stopped...

Then, the bar finally installed wireless, my laptop holds the connection without polling and still no hiccups...

John...
Next Stop: ???

Dancing Al

#5 Post by Dancing Al » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:54 am

Silly question, you are enabling hardware accelration for sound, right? Sometimes, Windows defaults to teh software drivers for your sound and everything gets SLOW....
Dancing Al
From Montreal With Love - Blues Exchange
Head Organiser
http://www.frommontrealwithlove.com/
Feb 9-11, 2007.