LapTop Questions Itunes

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

DaBlues

LapTop Questions Itunes

#1 Post by DaBlues » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:42 pm

I'm wanting to join the Laptop Djing world and have all my music in Itunes. How do I go about Djing with it? Are there any programs that work well with Itunes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind I am new to the computer world and dont know the Computer language all that well. I do have PCDJRed I don't know how to use it and don't know if it is compatible with ITunes. HEEEELP!! :)

I am so happy that someone told me about this website I will be using it a lot in the future.

Eric

DJing In Dtown Michigan. dealiyo360@yahoo.com

Bob the Builder

#2 Post by Bob the Builder » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 am

Hi Eric

I thing giving us the following information might help us give you some good advice.

What OS are you using?
What are you Laptop specs?
How much are you willing to spend?
Do you have an external sound card?
What do you want your DJing programe to be able to do for you, ie just playing songs or are you mixing or changing the tempo?

Brian

DaBlues

YOWZERS

#4 Post by DaBlues » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:51 pm

What OS are you using? Operating System RIGHT! lol Told you i'm way new to the computer world and you would think at 30 I wouldn't. But I have a Dell, The Mixing board that I will have this hook up to is just basic RCA hookups

What are you Laptop specs? Did I just answer that? Not sure what you mean by specs. lol

How much are you willing to spend? If I can get something free off the internet that would be great. But what price range am I looking at? Don't wanna spend a ton of money I only DJ one night a week. But, price isn't that big of a deal.

Do you have an external sound card? No but thats not a problem to get one. I've been told a good one would be 100 to 150 dollas. Is that right, is there a certain one recommended?

What do you want your DJing programe to be able to do for you, ie just playing songs or are you mixing or changing the tempo? I want to be able to que up a song and change the pitch of some songs. I do not have to beat mix or anything.

LindyChef thanks for the links I am reading it even though most of it sounds like a different language to me. lol Sorry ya'll I love the music love to dance but don't know much about this computer stuff. So thank you again for your help and any help any of you give me in the future. Hope I answered the questions right.

:? Eric

Lars

Laptop DJing iTunes?

#5 Post by Lars » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:40 pm

To answer your original ? Go with iTunes and make playlists. You can volume match and manipulate the interval between tracks if you want (up to 6 secs. I think). If you know your collection (library) you don't really need to preview or que-up. It's a simple matter to accommodate requests by searching your library and drag-dropping the tune into your running play list (then place it where you want it). What I don't understand is the need to change the pitch of some songs, that's a new one on me.