cingular cell phone interference

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

lipi

cingular cell phone interference

#1 Post by lipi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:55 pm

if you're not a yank, you can stop reading.

splitting off from this thread.

my cingular phone (and anybody else's, as far as i know) interferes something fierce with unshielded speaker( wire)s in its vicinity. whenever it contacts the mothership i get a most displeasing bit of static and it's starting to drive me nuts.

i'm curious whether others have seen this with non-cingular phones. sprint, i've been told, is clean. true? false? verizon? t-mobile? what did you switch to, lawrence?

GemZombie

Re: cingular cell phone interference

#2 Post by GemZombie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:42 am

lipi wrote:if you're not a yank, you can stop reading.

splitting off from this thread.

my cingular phone (and anybody else's, as far as i know) interferes something fierce with unshielded speaker( wire)s in its vicinity. whenever it contacts the mothership i get a most displeasing bit of static and it's starting to drive me nuts.

i'm curious whether others have seen this with non-cingular phones. sprint, i've been told, is clean. true? false? verizon? t-mobile? what did you switch to, lawrence?
I don't think it's just cingular, it'd be anything PCS really. I've had that happen with multiple phones. You only need to move the phone a bit... usually 5 feet away is enough.

lipi

#3 Post by lipi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:31 am

you have to be a little more specific than that. "pcs" includes tdma and the like, and my at&t wireless tdma phone did not interfere with my speakers or headphone noticeably. (i also seem to remember that my at&t gsm phone, before cingular took over, didn't interfere, but i had it for such a short time, that i cannot be sure.)

perhaps you meant all gsm 1900 mhz services?

edit: o.k., some poking on the web shows that "pcs" is apparently used as a synonym for gsm 1900. wack.