MAB

It's all about the equipment

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Yakov

MAB

#1 Post by Yakov » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:47 pm

If you haven't started using FireFox yet... now you will!

http://www.faser.net/mab/

"MAB is a rich web application to search products on all 6 Amazon-branded sites (com, ca, co.uk, fr, co.jp), showing results in a handy interface typical of desktop programs. MAB lets you search within one window without distracting you with plenty of images and texts not concerning what you are looking for."

It only works in FireFox. You can use it without downloading, or download it as an extension.

This is THE GENUINE ARTICLE! I just had 300 Count Basie CDs in the window, in alphabetical order by title, listing the regular and used price. A tabbed window lets you quickly access editorial and customer reviews. You can even kick a HTML or XML summary of what you've found. (Look at the fourth picture on the screenshot page.) Everything is blazingly fast, without all the crap that Amazon puts in the window. And you can SORT! And... and... wow.

The only catch is that all the links give Faser the referral kickback, but you know what? they deserve it.

(Someone needs to make an AMG version of this...)

-yakov.
Last edited by Yakov on Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitkat

#2 Post by kitkat » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:52 am

You know, it's not very useful yet.

I all but stopped using Amazon's Wish List and put in a complaint telling them I was doing so until they made it show Used & New prices. Almost all the CDs I'm interested in have the best deals listed under "New." After all, it just wasn't worth my time to have to click on every single link to see the price I could actually get each of my 50some items for.

When they reinstated it so it showed the lowest of all items for sale, including "New," I started checking it at least twice a week and sent them a thank-you note.

I think I'll drop this developer a line, and if anyone else feels it's just not quite all that useful without the accurate prices returned, I suggest you do, too. I've noticed developers take requests better than DJs. ;-)

Yakov

#3 Post by Yakov » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:29 am

I don't understand... the prices listed are not accurate?
What exactly is missing from the listings?

kitkat

#4 Post by kitkat » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:36 pm

Reseller prices that list their products as "New"