ALHC DJs

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Greg Avakian

ALHC DJs

#1 Post by Greg Avakian » Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:12 am

Hi,
I will be the DJ coordinator for ALHC next year.
I have already picked a team of Awesome DJs to handle competition music and most of the main room, but there are always some extra slots for social time.

Honestly, I could easily fill all of them, but I want to try to meet/hear some newDJs/friends. So, if you are interested in spinning a set and you think you will be there anyway, drop me a line.

I will tell you right now that there is no money involved. I have a limited budget -and though I was paid this year, I voluntarily will not be getting paid for next year so there is some more funding for the competition DJs.

I am very committed to showcasing a variety of music for the social dancing and having as many options available as possible. Tell me what you'd like to do or what you specialize in (if anything) and I will try to accommodate you.

If you're not a Jesse Miner, a Reuben Brown, a Rayned Wiles or someone like that who is a well-known entity, I'd really like to get a CD or play list or two. If you don't feel comfortable copying music (and I don't blame you), you can make me a 'sample' CD that features a minute of so of each song.

I'm not interested in how abstract you can be, but you should know that already...

Feel free to write or call with any questions or suggestions.

Peace,
Greg Avakian

SwingboyPA@aol.com
215-476-8287

Swifty

#2 Post by Swifty » Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:27 am

Greg, I sent you an email.