"Show-Me Blues" May 29-31, St. Louis, MO

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Little One

"Show-Me Blues" May 29-31, St. Louis, MO

#1 Post by Little One » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm

St. Louis is back on the map and taking things back to basics. No frills, just the good music, friendly faces, and hospitality St. Louis is known for.

St. Louis is having a blues exchange "Show-Me Blues" May 29-31, 2009. No contests, no classes, just a LOT of dancing to incredible music. We aim to showcase the range of blues, not just vintage, Delta or modern, since St. Louis has historically been a melting pot for Blues. Kim Massie is one of the highlights of the weekend. She will amaze you playing at a dueling piano bar that was built specifically for great acoustics. By the time you say goodbye, you'll be calling St. Louis home.

We also have great DJs from across the country. Steve Watkins from San Francisco, Bryan Spellman from Dallas, Heather Adams from Tennessee, Patrick Warren from Austin, Roy Rydbeck from San Francisco, J Wardell from Florida, Sergio Loreto from South Florida, Matt Kelsey from LA and everywhere else, and Dee Kalick from Austin.

Registration will open March 1st with a free copy of Kim Massie's "Attitude" CD and early bird pricing for the first 25 people to register. Full registration price is $75.

Check out the event at www.showmeblues.com

Little One

#2 Post by Little One » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Registration is open! We're looking forward to dancing with you, so come on over and get your blues fix!

Little One

#3 Post by Little One » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:25 pm

We have added a side trip to the City Museum (www.citymuseum.org) on Sat from 3pm - 8pm. By registering early we can get a group discount. If you are interested just send me an email and I can send you a PayPal invoice. You can also go to the registration page and register just for the City Museum. The cost is $9 in advance and $12 at the door. The City Museum is an amazing place to see. They took many artists and old building materials and created a place to climb and explore. The City Museum is open from 10am-1am and your pass is good for the whole day. We will get a group together at 3pm if you want to meet up with other dancers. Passes will be given out at the registration desk Thurs and Fri. night as well as Sat afternoon. If you cannot make one of those dances, drop me an email and I will get it to you another way.

Also on Sat night we will raffle off a pair of Aris Allen dance shoes.

Thurs pre-exchange event:
The cover is $5 and is not included in registration. Kim Massie will play at 10:45pm at the Beale on Broadway (www.bealeonbroadway.com) other blues bands start playing at 8pm. This is on an outside patio and is 18 and up. The floor is asphalt and rough wood. Food can be ordered in. There will be a table where you can get your registration band and t-shirts early. Free parking is available in a small lot and on the street. Please do not leave any valuable in your car.

Housing: At this point we should have housing available for everyone registered. It is getting close to filling up. If you know anyone thinking of registering, housing is on a first come basis.