Swing In The Colony: Oct. 14-16

What's happening?

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

GemZombie

Swing In The Colony: Oct. 14-16

#1 Post by GemZombie » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:52 pm

Hello folks, this is the announcment I've been posting on all the forums, but I thought I'd preface this one with a request for DJs. We're looking for a few DJs to handle our late night events. If you're interested email me (jesse@sloswing.com). This is strictly voluntary, although a significant discount will be given as compensation, as we have DJing covered if we want, but I felt it would be nice to get some out of town flavor into our local scene.
---------------

Swing In the Colony: Oct. 14-16

The rich history of Atascadero is celebrated every year at Colony Days. Join us this year when we bring together the fun of historic Swing Dancing, great bands, and instruction and combine it with Historic Celebration. Atascadero lies directly between Los Angeles and San Francisco in beautiful San Luis Obispo County.

Swing in the Colony will include such bands as: We'll bring you some of the best Swing Dance instructors such as:
  • * Locals Jesse and Candy Gearhart
    * Kim Clever and David Frutos
    * Nick Williams
    * Sylvia Sykes
    * Sean and Tonya Morris
    * Shesha Marvin and Nikki Klaus
    * Giselle Anguizola
Lots of classes running Saturday and Sunday with these awesome instructors, running two tracks, so there is plenty to choose from. Plenty of things going on all weekend long, and plenty of dancing to live music, as well as late night dancing at wonderful venues. Local dancers are willing to host you for a place to stay during the weekend.

All this for a great price of $99 for the entire weekend. Registration will open up this week!

For more information visit the website: http://www.swinginthecolony.com

GemZombie

#2 Post by GemZombie » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:41 am

Registration has opened up. The pre-registration rate of $99 for the weekend will end October 1st and will go up to $119 afterwards. Housing requests are active too, be sure to register and request housing soon, as with all scenes, there will be limited housing space.