[Answered] Sent For You Yesterday, The Mills Brothers

Trying to identify a song? Here's the place!

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

russell

#1 Post by russell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:50 pm

I have just arrived back from a dance camp and need some help in identifying a song. It is a vocal version of "Sent For You Yesterday" and has a very distinctive chorus of "Let it roll Mr Basie, let it roll" repeated. The vocalist was male and I assume the band was Count Basie (by the sound of song New Testament??). It was used by Kevin St Laurent but he didn't know the source. Thanks.

JesseMiner

#2 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:12 pm

russell wrote:It is a vocal version of "Sent For You Yesterday" and has a very distinctive chorus of "Let it roll Mr Basie, let it roll" repeated.
This version is by The Mills Brothers with Count Basie off of The Board of Directors & Annual Report (2 albums on 1 CD). Great version (I play it all the time), but the CD is apparently quite hard to find these days.

Jesse

russell

#3 Post by russell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:47 pm

Thanks Jesse. By coincidence I think I picked it up a couple of weeks ago here in Australia. I haven't had a chance to listen to it much. Maybe that was why the song sounded familar :)
I had a look on Amazon and it is now available as an import.

JesseMiner

#4 Post by JesseMiner » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:56 pm

Wow. Looks like there are a bunch of new/used copies available from Amazon Marketplace sellers for under $10! Great to see the CD more available now.

Jesse