[Answered] Jeep Jockey Jump, Bill Elliot

Trying to identify a song? Here's the place!

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

danny

[Answered] Jeep Jockey Jump, Bill Elliot

#1 Post by danny » Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Can anyboy tell me the name of the music in the Port-O-Swing's video clip? (Skip the first one minute.)
They seem a Canadian swing group and won the 2nd place in US Open 2003 team competition.
But, I can't find any info on that music.

You can also find the video clip from their website,
go to Competition and click 'Troupe Vintage - 2e place US OPEN 2003'.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by danny on Sat May 10, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

dancin_hanson

#2 Post by dancin_hanson » Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 pm

That's "Jeep Jockey Jump", the classic swing tune made famous by Glenn Miller. It's been a popular choice for choreographed swing performances for years. The version here is a modern recording by The Bill Elliot Swing Orchestra.

Lawrence

#3 Post by Lawrence » Fri May 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Exactly; Jeep Jockey Jump.

That was a fantastic performance! Either the judges got it wrong, or the first place performance must have been AMAZING. Nothing individually spectacular, but incredibly fantastic teamwork. Great group-choreography and really well executed! Most group performances feature lots of quirky flashy individual styles, which detract from the group dynamic and the imagery and such that is only possible with a well-groomed troupe. Thanks for the link!
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

Toon Town Dave

#4 Post by Toon Town Dave » Wed May 14, 2008 12:10 pm

That's the first time I've seen that performance. I agree, fantastic.

I'd vote for "the judges got it wrong". First was taken by the "Swing-A-Lings" from NC, dancing to Bette Midler's "Stuff Like That There". Body rolls were still trendy and jazz steps taboo in 2003, I'm sure that's what made the difference. Video is here.

Both teams had great timing. I like the Swing-A-Lings intro/beginning but Port-O-Swing's routine was just was well timed and pulled off way more difficult stuff.