[Answered] Multiple Songs from Eddie Condon Box Set

Trying to identify a song? Here's the place!

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

julius

[Answered] Multiple Songs from Eddie Condon Box Set

#1 Post by julius » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:37 pm

On the JSP records Eddie Condon box set (The Classic Sessions 1928-1949) CD 3 is listed as having 22 tracks on the CD case but Musicmatch burns 25 tracks, the last 3 of which are unnamed. What are these tracks' titles?

JesseMiner

#2 Post by JesseMiner » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:06 pm

My track listing for the final four songs on that CD is as follows:

22. A Good Man Is Hard To Find (1)
23. A Good Man Is Hard To Find (2)
24. A Good Man Is Hard To Find (3)
25. A Good Man Is Hard To Find (4)

And the liner notes explain it this way:
A Good Man Is Hard To Find is segmented into four self contained, though inter-related parts, commencing with a skilfully sustained meander at the start, gradually working up to the brashly exhuberant, though unfrenzied pace of the final part. The twelve strong lineup enables us to hear the contrasting approaches of Brad Gowans and Miff Mole, plus those of Max Kaminsky and Muggsy Spanier. The harmonized a capella introduction from the last two on the third part is just one of the many imaginative touches. On the alto saxophone, Joe Marsala does sound rather as Bud Freeman would on that particular instrument, while Pee Wee, in common with Thelonius Monk somehow manages to discover the most obtuse angle on a familiar theme. Watch out also for Bud Freeman's seamless segue in that crackling finale."
I hope that helps.

Jesse

julius

#3 Post by julius » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:44 am

READING THE LINER NOTES! GENIUS!

I am stupid.