Beautiful things--who sings this?

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

caab

Beautiful things--who sings this?

#1 Post by caab » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:30 am

I'm not sure if there has already been a thread about this, but I've talked with Rob (Raleigh) about this a few months ago and we couldn't figure it out.

But there's this song in an ad for ?American Express Blue something? card that plays in the theaters before movies/during previews. I've seen a few discussions in other boards online about this and no one can figure out who the artist is. It begins "The world is full of beautiful things..." and it is a cover of a Dr. Doolittle song. Any ideas who this mystery female vocalist is?

mousethief

#2 Post by mousethief » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:32 am

From www.wildcolonials.com...
Cinema goers in North America may have recently seen the new American Express commercial featuring Angela singing the song Beautiful Things. It was directed by video/film director Mark Romanek.

Angela had recorded only the short version you hear in the commercial. But because of interest and emails from fans, they are recording a proper full-length version of the track. We will let you know when the song will be made available.
Also...
The AMEX cinema spot Beautiful Things was produced by JSM Music. You can see the commercial on JSM Music's website: www.jsmmusic.com search under the heading Work, then click on American Express.
The artist is Andrea McCluskey.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... kvu3iaan8k

Kalman
"The cause of reform is hurt, not helped, when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion."

RaleighRob

#3 Post by RaleighRob » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:27 pm

mousethief wrote: www.jsmmusic.com
[offtopic]There are some nice commercials on that site. The Chelsea Guitars commercial... yowza.[/offtopic]

[slightly ontopic]Anyone know what's the ditty that's played when you click on 'News' on that site?[/slightly ontopic]

caab

#4 Post by caab » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Thanks for all the info, with this I got my boyfriend to loop the version on the commercial and add a break with him soloing on trombone to make it a full-length song, I think the final product turned out really well. I played it at a few dances and people dug it enough to dance to it--mission accomplished!