New Website that could use some of you Swingin Cats

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Big-T

New Website that could use some of you Swingin Cats

#1 Post by Big-T » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:51 pm

The creator of ATOMIC Magazine, Leslie Thompson (formerly Rosenberg), is in the begining stages of launching a new retro centric portal called RetroRadar. The site is at http://www.retroradar.com.

She wants to provide a place in the music section that has you guys listed an regional music experts.

I am her new hubby Craig "Big-T" Thompson, leader of Big-T and the Bada-Bings http://www.bigt-music.com. We are very fortunate to have Frankie Hagan already posting reviews. She is open to any of the rest of you who would like to contribute as well.

Let me know if you guys want a seperate link section for DJ's. It would be our pleasure to help draw some business to you guys.

I would also like to say Yo!! to all of the Sand Castle crew in Dallas.

Big-T

Yakov

#2 Post by Yakov » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:46 pm

your site seems to be more aimed at a 50's type aesthetic... most music we talk about on this board dates to a time before cool painted cars, color movies, atomic power (as a household appliance), "retro," tony bennett, etc...

Big-T

#3 Post by Big-T » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:03 pm

No, Gate, we are going to be swingin way back in time. Just trying to get content up as fast as we can.

Louie Jordan, Cab Calloway, up to current swing and jump blues bands.

Hang in there with us Bro.

Big-T
www.RetroRadar.com

Kyle

#4 Post by Kyle » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:11 am

yeah, sounds like a bit to "GAP" to me. when you start talkin about bands like Teddy Powell and Mills Blue Rhythm Band, and stop talking about the BadaBings and Swinghead, let me know, ill visit

Big-T

#5 Post by Big-T » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:18 am

You guys are the experts, and that is why we would invite you to be a part of the discussions so that you can help bring some light to those of us who still need some "learnin".

Anyway guys we just wanted to give you the respect due, and invite you to help lead the discussions towards quality music that many either don't remember or have never heard of.

Thanks

Big-T

mousethief

#6 Post by mousethief » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:13 am

Craig's a good guy and has probably done more to spread the gospel than most people in Texas. His audience is different and broader. It's not lindy dancers, but that's a good thing.

Kalman
"The cause of reform is hurt, not helped, when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion."