Joe Carroll with the Ray Bryant Quintet

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Lars

Joe Carroll with the Ray Bryant Quintet

#1 Post by Lars » Sun May 09, 2004 5:21 am

This message was forwarded to me, maybe someone here can help me with this one.
Over the past 2 & 1/2 years I've trying to find a copy of hard to find CD..... Joe Carroll with the Ray Bryant Quintet. The CD is out of print and even with extensive Google searches and searchs on E-bay, no online music store in the US or abroad seems to have a copy.

During Melissa Tan's house warming party a year or two ago, Lars played the song "Jump Ditty". That's the must have song from the CD. Steven Mitchell sometimes plays the song during workshops.

I realize that Lars may not have the entire CD or would not feel comfortable making an extra copy for me. But, I have to ask anyways since I can't find it anywhere. I would donate $20 to the CCSwing fund if needed.

See you one the dance floor once my foot feels better (heel spurs)

Thanks,

Mike
I realise that one of the toughest parts of DJing is people asking "What was that song you played." this one takes the cake being from a set I did a year or two ago! But I do like to help people find elusive songs so if anybody here has a copy or a source for this one please let me know.
Besides Cream City Kitty has $20 riding on it.

Nando

#2 Post by Nando » Mon May 10, 2004 7:06 am

Out of complete laziness (or perhaps the opposite considering my search) I refused to buy that CD online. I went searching and hounding CD stores all over NYC for a copy. Tower Records eventually had a few copies in their bin.

It's a Japanese import. Until someone decides it's worth printing in the U.S., your best chance in finding it is looking at stores that sell Japanes imports from time to time. Virgin Megastore would probably be your best bet since I've always seen tons of imports in their jazz bins.
Last edited by Nando on Wed May 12, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron

#3 Post by Ron » Wed May 12, 2004 11:36 am

We've had this discussion before, maybe it was on the old mail list.

Great album! As of Jan 2002 when I wrote my review, it was available as a Japanese import on Tower web site.

kbuxton

#4 Post by kbuxton » Wed May 12, 2004 5:11 pm

Ron wrote:Great album! As of Jan 2002 when I wrote my review, it was available as a Japanese import on Tower web site.
I've tried ordering it from them and they weren't able to get it for me.

mousethief

#5 Post by mousethief » Thu May 13, 2004 7:02 am

Keep trying, that's where I got it.

Kalman
"The cause of reform is hurt, not helped, when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion."

LindyChef

#6 Post by LindyChef » Thu May 13, 2004 8:10 am

russell

#7 Post by russell » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:53 am

OK - was at class during last thing and Manu played "Jump Ditty" during class. Did a search everywhere and couldn't find the song in either physical or download form. Anyone seen it lately?