Too much groove for me, lately

Everything about the swinging music we love to DJ

Moderators: Mr Awesomer, JesseMiner, CafeSavoy

Mr Awesomer

#121 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:33 pm

I'm finding it interesting that people who don't dance uptempo will still attempt to teach dancing uptempo to others. Perhaps it would be of better service to the students to refer them to someone more qualified in said skill.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

Nate Dogg

#122 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:43 pm

He said he had a preference, he never said "I don't dance to fast music"

Mr Awesomer

#123 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:46 pm

He doesn't dance fast. Nor does someone else. It doesn't matter what they say.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

gatorgal

#124 Post by gatorgal » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:55 pm

Can someone moderate the moderator?

Tina 8)
"I'm here to kick a little DJ a$$!"
~ Foreman on That 70s Show

Lawrence

#125 Post by Lawrence » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:08 pm

GuruReuben wrote:He doesn't dance fast. Nor does someone else. It doesn't matter what they say.
Yes, what matters is what YOU say. 8)

I'm impressed (and somewhat flattered) that you keep track of our class planning and teaching methods from L.A. But I flippantly suspect that you would bitch and moan just as much if we neglected to include Fast Lindy in our curriculum, at all. (*yawn*) Perhaps we should instead stay in our polar camps and take more unsolicited, unwarranted pot shots at each other. :-)
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop
http://www.AustinLindy.com

Mr Awesomer

#126 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:15 pm

gatorgal wrote:Can someone moderate the moderator?
Did I "attack" anyone?
Reuben Brown
Southern California

Mr Awesomer

#127 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:21 pm

Lawrence wrote:
I'm impressed (and somewhat flattered) that you keep track of our class planning and teaching methods from L.A. But I flippantly suspect that you would bitch and moan just as much if we neglected to include Fast Lindy in our curriculum, at all. (*yawn*) Perhaps we should instead stay in our polar camps and take more unsolicited, unwarranted pot shots at each other. :-)
Sorry, I don't keep track of your or Greg's lesson plans, I'm just commenting on what you and Greg have mentioned in this thread. Nor am I bitching and moaning, just commenting on the fact that I find it interesting you and Greg would teach such things that you don't even seem to enjoy yourselves. And it wasn't a pot shot unless you take it as such. Are you feeling so defensive that you've taken offense to my observation? Do you feel it's an unwarranted and meaningless observation?
Reuben Brown
Southern California

Lawrence

#128 Post by Lawrence » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 pm

GuruReuben wrote:I'm finding it interesting that people who don't dance uptempo will still attempt to teach dancing uptempo to others. Perhaps it would be of better service to the students to refer them to someone more qualified in said skill.
Something in this quote and the fact that it followed my post about my teaching Fast Lindy gave me the misimpression that you were claiming that I am (and I guess, now, Greg is also) teaching something we are not qualified to teach. I think Nathan and Tina somehow got the same idea before I did. I apologize for my misinterpretation. I also apologize for mistakenly thinking that you, of all people, would dare to offend or attack anyone. I forgot you were so tactfully careful about the impression you leave.

But I still am impressed and flattered not only that you care, but that you care to accurately keep track of our classes without even being in the same time zone.
Last edited by Lawrence on Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop

Lawrence

#129 Post by Lawrence » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:36 pm

GuruReuben wrote:Sorry, I don't keep track of your or Greg's lesson plans, I'm just commenting on what you and Greg have mentioned in this thread.
Oh, wait, you DON'T keep track of our lesson plans or have any idea what you are talking about!! My mistake, again. I did not read your post carefully enough, again.
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop

mousethief

#130 Post by mousethief » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:42 pm

I think you two should go back to posting pictures as catty responses.

Kalman
"The cause of reform is hurt, not helped, when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion."

Mr Awesomer

#131 Post by Mr Awesomer » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:44 pm

Your over use of sarcastic remarks and your inability to answer my simple questions with direct responses speaks volumes. Thanks.
Reuben Brown
Southern California

falty411

#132 Post by falty411 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:50 pm

I think I am going to start teaching groove lindy
-mikey faltesek

"Dancing is the union of the body with the rhythm and the sound of the music." Al Minns in 1984

mousethief

#133 Post by mousethief » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:50 pm

Ah, stop it already.

I have taught the Jitterbug Stroll because I thought it was important for people to know at the time. I hate that damn dance but some things are more important in making well-rounded dancers than my comfort level - especially if I'm trying to challenge theirs.

Kalman
"The cause of reform is hurt, not helped, when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion."

Lawrence

#134 Post by Lawrence » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:58 pm

GuruReuben wrote:Your over use of sarcastic remarks and your inability to answer my simple questions with direct responses speaks volumes. Thanks.
And your abuse of your moderator status to remove ineffective posts you made and then took back later speaks volumes, too.

What happened to the simple (and somewhat conciliatory) "'Nough said" post that followed my most recent post and that was on this thread for ten minutes but is now missing? :lol:
Last edited by Lawrence on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrence Page
Austin Lindy Hop

Nate Dogg

#135 Post by Nate Dogg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:59 pm

Matthew should change the name of this thread to "Lindy DJs Bickering"

Whenever, we felt like arguing or having new versions of the same old debates, we can just vent here and not mess with other threads.